7

Bokuto and Kuroo made their way into the gallery after their classes had finished up for the day. It became a regular occurrence of them coming to the gallery to visit the two boys. Kuroo walked in and waved hello to the salty beanpole that was working the front desk. Kuroo enjoyed messing with the boy and it was obvious.

When the two boys made it back to the studio the boy that usually kept himself cooped inside was nowhere to be seen. Bokuto and Kuroo gave each other a confused look before making their way into the younger boy's office.

Sure enough, when they opened the door the previous folded-up futon was now pulled out into a bed. A small uncovered Kenma was laying down curled up. The boy was so cute curled up like a cat on the bed. A small aww could be heard from both of the boys' mouths. Bokuto closed the door behind him.

The sounds caused the little pudding head to stir and slowly peel his eyes open. "Kashi?" His voice was soft and tired.

"No sorry Kenma it's just us," Kuroo said to the sleepy boy.

"Bo? Kuro?" He asked while rubbing his eyes and slowly pushing himself up to a sitting position.

The older boys cooed at the nicknames they were called by the tired boy. Bokuto sat down towards the end of the futon and Kuroo pulled up one of the office chairs to be in the circle of conversation. Kenma looked at Bokuto with a pathetic expression. He crawled over and latched himself onto Bokutos chest wrapping his arms around him with a weak hold.

While Bokuto did find the action to be cute he also thought it was slightly odd for him to be given a random hug. It wasn't like Kenma at all the only person he ever gave physical attention to was Akaashi and even that wasn't too common. Bokuto looked at Kenma and slowly brought his hands to his back to rub. He looked at Kuroo lifting his eyebrows and shrugged a bit not wanting to disturb the younger. Kuroo looked at him and nodded slightly. Kuroo went from the chair to the other side of Kenma. He brought his hand to his back and rubbed it as well. "Hey, you alright?"

Kenma tensed up a bit at the question. He knew there was something wrong but he didn't want to tell the older boys. At least he didn't want them to find out yet he wanted to be held a little longer. He was sleepy and just wanted to cuddle into Bokutos chest. Kenma slightly lifted his head from Bokutos chest just enough to meet his eyes with Kuroo's.

Bokuto didn't wait for him since he knew the younger wasn't going to answer. He learned that Kenma is more likely to stay quiet than speak up. "What's the matter Kenken?"

Kenma didn't answer once again instead he nuzzled farther into the older boy's chest. Kenma stayed cuddled close to Bokuto for a few more seconds before he pulled away. His eyes were filled with tears and his lip quivering. The look on his face was truly painful for the older two to look at. Kenma sniffled and his voice began to come out soft between quiet sobs, "I- I want kisses and to be cuddled."

Even though this behavior was quite odd for the boy Bokuto and Kuroo couldn't help to find it quite adorable. "Awe Kenken Akaashi will be here in a bit." This didn't ease Kenma one bit though. He shook his head and held a bit tighter onto Bokuto. The tears failed to stop and now there were just two confused boys looking at a crying Kenma.

Bokuto and Kuroo weren't sure what Kenma meant when he shook his head to Akaashi coming back. Was he not coming back? Or was Kenma not wanting those things from him?

Kuroo brought his hand up to the crying boy's face. Softly he wiped the tears from his eyes. Kuroo's eyes widened when he touched his face. How could they not tell before? "Kenma, you're burning up." Pointing this out only caused Kenma to shed more tears. Kuroo felt guilty but at least he understood the behavior of the younger now. He didn't feel good and it was obvious.

Bokuto and Kuroo sat and continued to pet and reassure the younger boy until he eventually managed to fall asleep in Bokuto's arms. It was a slight relief to know the younger had managed to fall asleep. While the older two didn't mind taking care of a sick Kenma it pained them to have to sit and watch him cry.

The room was quiet except for a few soft snores. Kuroo and Bokuto sat in silence not wanting to have the boy wake up again. Kenma was curled up once again but this time he was curled into Bokuto's lap. Kuroo stood up slowly and began to look around the room to see if there was a blanket anywhere. Before he got the chance to look, the door opened with a creak.

Akaashi walked into a scene that he wasn't expecting. His boyfriend cuddled into one of their crushes and the other walking around like a lost child. Akaashi stood in the doorway with one eyebrow raised. "So, what's going on?"

Kuroo glanced at Bokuto and then back at Akaashi pointing back out the door. He began to walk towards Akaashi and gently pulled the boy out into the hallway closing the door behind them. Kuroo then turned his attention back to the other boy. "Bokuto and I came to hang out but when we got here Kenma was being well, he was being pretty clingy. Bo and I tried to assure him that you'd be here soon but all he said was no and kept holding onto Bo." Kuroo was expecting to see a look of jealousy on Akaashi's face but he simply looked calm and nodded along to the explanation. "I went to wipe some of his tears and I realized he had a pretty bad fever." Akaashi nodded once again.

"Kenma is clingy when he's sick. Thank you for keeping watch over him." Kuroo simply nodded and they began to make their way back into the room.

When they got inside Kenma was awake once again. Kenma saw his boyfriend and his eyes lit up just a bit. Akaashi set all of his belongings down on his desk making his way over to his sick boyfriend. He gently placed his hand on the sick boy's head. "You're really hot love. Why didn't you say anything?" Akaashi asked.

Kenma looked down, "I thought it was nothing and just went to sleep."

Akaashi nodded even though Kenma wasn't looking up at him. When Akaashi reached out his arms Kenma took no hesitation to jump in them and hold himself close to his boyfriend. They both laid down together and the tears slightly returned to Kenmas eyes.

"Kashi, I don't feel good. I just want them to hold me. I wanna be held, why don't they love me?" Akaashi looked from his boyfriend to the two other boys in the room. Both looking confused and maybe a bit surprised. Akaashi knew what he was about to say would change their relationship and maybe cause it to disappear altogether but he wasn't just going to ignore his sick boyfriend's cries.

"They took care of you until I got here. I know they can't hold you but I'm still here. It's ok sugar, it'll be ok. Just close your eyes and rest." Kenma nodded his head and closed his eyes pushing further into his boyfriend's hold. It was hard to watch Kenma sick. Typically he was opinionated and closed off but now he confessed every little thing on his mind. While it was cute it occasionally made for awkward situations.

Kuroo was the first to speak up. "Bokuto and I are going to run to get some medicine. We'll be back." With that, the two older boys left.