Chapter 28

Process

After getting acquainted with our new house, we both slept together, I didn't bother to go to my room and slept with Juan for the reason of not being used to a new place. I mean think of it, I've been into places both domestic and abroad and can sleep in a new place without any uneasiness but a child, that wouldn't work.

So the next day, Juan has fallen in love with the kitchen and cooked scallion pancakes and chicken porridge along with almond milk on the table.

"We'll go to Xiao Ruo's house today" she stated with her eyes looking at me as if sizing my reaction.

"To Xiao Ruo's house? I've never been to his house before!"

"We're going to work there and not play okay? Xiao Ruo, even if he's your friend-" she stopped and gazed at my innocent eyes and continued. "-anyways you must stay obedient and listen to me okay?"

I nodded at her obediently and continued to eat my food. I knew what she's thinking, Xiao Ruo is my friend and also our boss's son, we must never take advantage of our relationship with him. Sigh, relationships are always complicated, why can't we just treat each other with sincerity without thinking of our backgrounds right?

But it's impossible, if only I have Juan's attitude then I wouldn't become miserable at that time. Let's just forget about that, what I need is to get close to the Wu family and get noticed by our parents and hopefully, him.

Soon, we finished our meal and Juan cleaned the dishes while I bathed myself. I remember getting my voice coarse from persuading Juan to let me wash, if she continues to help me ways I would really have no face.

I have simple denim overalls and a cute flower hat coupled with two braids in my head, then we were off.

It didn't take us too long to reach the Wu's estate, honestly, looking at the grandiose of their home was still shocking to see. I mean I was born in a rich family as well but their estate was much bigger and much nobler than us.

Great, we have the backing of the Wu family now!

"Good morning, are you Ms. Mei Juan?" A butler with such a clean and neat appearance came, he's already a middle-aged man but time really did wonders to him.

"Yes I am, this is my daughter Mei Ju Di" she gently pulled me in while I acted like a shy kid.

"Hello, uncle!" I waved my little hand shyly and sell meng, the people in this place must be respected.

Just look at this Butler, he looks older so he must have worked here for year's and that means he's one of the most trusted people in this house.

"Oh, what a cute child" he rubbed the top of my head while I cheerfully gave my thanks to him. "Let us go in first, the madam is waiting for you inside"

We went inside and holy crap, this place is huge and just screams money. It feels like every little thing inside here costs a lot, maybe two years of our expenses.

We reached a door and the butler opened it for us, I saw He Yan with her heroic brows and her short-cut hair looking like a female general and besides her was a slender man with a gentle aura and a kind smile. Both of them look so perfect together, each creating their charm and suffocating us with it.

"JuJu!"

I was hugged tightly by this naive dog as I did the same to him then he tightened more making me want to his head. 

"Ruo Ruo, JuJu looks like she's put if breath by your hug" thank goodness, I thought I almost died by his deadly hug.

"Oops, sorry JuJu!" He released his tight hold on me and scan me from head to toe before signing in relief.

"Mrs. Wu and Mr. Wu sorry for making you two wait" Juan said with her face blushing in embarrassment.

"It's fine, let's sit" He Yan's husband said with a gentle smile on his face.

The adults sat while the two of us watched the adults talking. I was listening to them when I felt a hand poking my face. I scrunched my forehead at him and put my attention to the adults again when he repeated his actions.

"Xiao Ruo!" I hissed but he just smiled foolishly at me.

"Let's go out and play!" I shake my head in refusal but he didn't stop and kept poking me in every part of my body.

"I said no! We have to get our parent's permission first!" I hissed hoping that he'll stop once he heard my words.

False to my expectations, he stood up and went to his mother with a cute look on his face and pouted.

"Can we play outside mommy? I promise we won't leave the house"

"Okay, but let Butler Shao come with you two okay?" His father said making me feel indignant.

I don't want to play, I want to listen to your plans for us so I can design a plan in the future!

***
Chapter 28 is up!

She's in Xiao Ruo's home now! What do you think the adults will talk about?

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!