Chapter 15

Heads up! This is one long chapter

⚠️TW- Use of alcohol and drugs by minors.⚠️

You see the thing is that sometimes we put on a mask in-front of the world, it helps us blend in more and makes us believe that we aren't something unusual

You see the thing is that sometimes we put on a mask in-front of the world, it helps us blend in more and makes us believe that we aren't something unusual. But sometimes we leave that mask on for way too long and it ends up becoming like a second skin to us. We start to find so fort in the idea of this perfect personality that we show to people, that we start to think that maybe just maybe this version of me is better than the other.

I did something similar, now trust me, I wasn't the perfect person and I didn't have the perfect image. The reason I put on this mask was because it, in some way gave me a sense of security, my real self, the one without any added filter was someone who couldn't be accepted. The things I had been through made me believe that I couldn't be my authentic self.

So I put on the mask of a not caring, rude girl who hit people when she was angry, who curses a lot and doesn't give a shit about feelings. And that was what the world had only ever seen from me, they had never seen the person who was behind that mask, there was only one person who saw that; Eren. And as much as he tried to support me, you could see how even he disapproved of the person I was.

But he isn't here anymore, he can't see what's going on right now, so I don't have to hide and now that my own brothers don't care, I guess there isn't any reason to hide my true self now.

After an hour long shower, and thoroughly washing my hair, I am currently standing in front of my mirror, fog covering it, I wipe my hand through it, to get a clear look of my face. A towel wrapped around my body, my wet hair stuck to my shoulders and the sides of my face. My hands found their way into my hair, combing through it. It was way too long.

Maybe this was decision I should have given more thought to but, instead I pulled out the scissors from  one of the drawers, parted my hair from the middle and without a second thought chopped off the hair until it was shoulder length, I honestly didn't care if it was even and neat, but as I looked up, I wasn't too disappointed by how it looked.

My initial plan was to stay in tonight but given recent events maybe I'll go out tonight. Let the world be graced by my presence.

I walked into my closet looking for the best outfit for the occasion, I looked through my whole closet and finally found the prefect one, a black bralette along with a black leather skirt, with thigh high black boots.