Meet My Friend

"Goodmorning." Ryujin said to herself and opened her eyes with a big smile planted on her face.

Ryujin grabbed her walking stick and walked her way to the kitchen to cook herself a good breakfast.

Ryujin didn't let her visual disability get in her way. Even as a blind person, Ryujin was able to fry eggs and make some toast for breakfast.

After spending minutes on cooking a fantastic yet basic dish, Ryujin let out a sigh in relief and a smile before digging in as she is expecting another fantastic but stressful day.

After eating, Ryujin washed the plates and quickly head to the bathroom to clean herself and prepare a beautiful look. Ryujin decided to wear a shirt and a skirt.

Even though Ryujin couldn't really tell how she looks at the moment, she still went outside of her house and walked her way to her work with outstanding confidence.

'I'm so excited!' Ryujin thought to herself as she can no longer handle the excitement.

--

The giant smile that is planted on the short-haired girl's face quickly dissolved in pain and misery as the hardest jobs were always given to her.

All day, Ryujin felt nothing but pure pressure.

--

"Ryujin, I heard that you are doing poorly today. Is something bothering you?" Ryujin's boss asked the short-haired girl.

Ryujin placed a tissue in her bleeding nose and fixed her hair and posture as she desperately tried to think of a good and honest answer. "I-I-m sorry. I w-was given a lot of stuff to do." Ryujin said and bowed.

"That's okay, Ryujin. Go have a drink with me later and I'll forgive you." The man said and threw a horrible smirk at the short-haired girl.

Out of desperation, Ryujin didn't want to get in trouble or get fired so all she can do is nod. "S-sure boss. I would love that. I'm g-gonna go back to work now." Ryujin said as she stood up from her seat and bowed before exiting the room.

"Alright." The man in his 40s replied while staring at the short-haired girl's outfit.

--

'Jeez, why would I agree to this?' Ryujin thought to herself while awkwardly sitting across her 40-years old boss.

"Do you drink, Shin Ryujin?" The man asked and gave the waitress a smile before picking a drink.

"J-just coffee p-please." Ryujin nervously said.

"Alright, coffee for her." The man said and handed the menu to the waitress. "A cup of vodka is fine for me." The man whispered.

Ryujin wanted to do something else as the silence that formed between her and her boss made her extremely uncomforfable. She wanted to open up a conversation but she was too shy and nervous.

The man, on the other hand, is staring at the short-haired like a hungry beast. He is staring at her chest, her face, her legs and her every movement.

After a few minutes of waiting, their drinks finally arrived. "Coffee for you, Shin Ryujin." The man said and handed the vodka to the short-haired girl.

"Thank you." Ryujin said and forced a smile.

"Let's drink now." The man said. Before he drank the coffee, he had to make sure that the short-haired girl drink the vodka he gave her.

'Yes!' The man thought to himself as he saw Ryujin drink the whole cup.

Ryujin smacked her lips as she noticed something weird. "This doesn't taste like coffee at all and it's not hot."

'It's gonna get hot later when I take you home.' "God, they probably messed up the order again. Should I complain?" The man said while smiling.

"N-no. It's fine. I'll just-" Ryujin tried to stand up but she immediately drop to her seat as she is the type of person who gets drunk easily.

"Wait, you have something on your lips, Ryujin." The man said and stood up from his seat and sat down besides Ryujin.

'So beautiful and young.' The man thought to himself while fixing the hair of the short-haired girl.

"Stop that." A female with a deep voice suddenly appeared. "If you don't go back to your seat, I will call the police." The cat-eyed girl added.

"Oh, don't misunderstand. You see, this place served us the wrong drink." The man said and returned to his seat.

"Sure." Yeji said and sat down besides the drunk girl.

"What is your relationship with Shin Ryujin?"

"I-I...I'm her girlfriend." Yeji said and carried the short-haired girl in her arms.

--

"Hey, Shin Ryujin. Wake up." Yeji said while smacking Ryujin's forehead.

Ryujin slowly opened her eyes and used her hand to track her surroundings."Y-Yeji?" Ryujin weakly said.

"Yeah. It's me, Ryujin." Yeji said and helped the short-haired girl stand up.

"I heard your voice at the bar earlier. Did you suddenly appear out of nowhere like a cliche drama?" Ryujin said while walking inside of her apartment.

"I told you. I have different jobs and stop hanging out with that creepy ass man." Yeji said and grabbed Ryujin's walkstick and hit her head.

"Alright. I hope that stalking me isn't part of your job."

"C'mon, Shin Ryujin. If I didn't appear, something could've happened to you." Yeji said and smacked Ryujin's head once again.

"Why is it so dark in your apartment?" Yeji said and tried to find a switch.

"Much bette-"

"Happy 29th birthday, Shin Ryujin!" Ryujin's friends shouted in unison as they appeared from the darkness.

"Oh my gosh. Thank you!..." Ryujin said and smiled at her friends.

"Oh....happy birthday...and hi, I'm Hwang Yeji." Yeji said and took out her hand for the girls to shake but Chaeryeong grabbed her arm, twisted it and threw her on the ground.

"Are you her girlfriend?! answer or I'll break your arm." Chaeryeong shouted.

"M-my arm..." Yeji said and made eye contact with Ryujin's friends.

"Oh my god. She's pretty. I'm sorry." Chaeryeong said and bowed.

"I'm Lee Chaeryeong."

"Choi Jisu but my nickname is Lia."

"Shin Yuna!"

"I-I'll go now." Yeji said and smiled before running away from the crazy women.

"Shin Ryujin, we have a lot to talk about.." Lia said and crossed her arms.