Chapter 39

Chapter 39:

“Eh, why hasn’t Shang Jin come back when it’s so late?”

Ye Zhou looked up and said to Liu Yutian in the upper bunk, “He went home today.”

Shang Jin’s home was local, but how often he went home was similar to students who lived in other parts of the country.

This was the first time that Shang Jin returned home during a short vacation.

“Went home?” Lying on the bed and tapping his fingers on the mobile phone screen, Liu Yutian inquisitively said, “He didn’t go back during the Qingming three-day holiday. Why did he go back today?”

Wen Renxu said, “Yeah, and tomorrow’s the sports competition. He’s not competing?”

Besides from knowing Shang Jin’s whereabouts, Ye Zhou also wasn’t very clear about his motives for returning home. “I also don’t know why. He said he’ll come over tomorrow morning.” In any case, Shang Jin was an adult, so he also didn’t need to report to his roommates on what he was doing outside.

On the other side, Shang Jin was sitting in the living room. Shang Youyou was affixed to his side, stretching out her little fork to the fruit plate on the coffee table and forking a strawberry to totteringly send it to Shang Jin’s mouth. “Big brother, eat.”

Shang Jin opened his mouth to eat, smiling at Shang Youyou. Shang Youyou immediately hugged Shang Jin’s arm and shyly lowered her head.

“Let Youyou go to school with you tomorrow?” Shang Qingping muttered irresolutely to himself, “Youyou is too young. Wouldn’t it be inconvenient?”

Shang Youyou feared that her dad wouldn’t agree, and couldn’t help but shyly urge, “I want to go with big brother!”

Shang Jin picked up a strawberry as a reward and sent it to Shang Youyou’s mouth. But the strawberry was too big and Shang Youyou’s mouth was too small. Because she was fed by Shang Jin, she wanted to eat it all in one go. As a result, the strawberry juice dripped and covered everything.

“Sorry.” Shang Jin pulled out a napkin and helped Shang Youyou wipe dry the stains. When he fed Shang Youyou another strawberry, he lifted it up to let her little mouth take a bite.

“Shang Jin is a steady person and can definitely take good care of Youyou,” Qin Fei persuaded, “Just let them go together.” Shang Jin being good to Shang Youyou was a good thing that one could only wish for. When Qin Fei had come into the family, because Shang Jin’s age wasn’t considered young and was opinionated, her heart knew that she couldn’t coax him. Having tried to please him all along, now that Shang Jin was taking the initiative to accept them, she was much more comfortable at home now.

Shang Qingping nodded and said, “That’s fine, but remember to send her back home at night.”

Early the next morning, Shang Youyou changed her habit of sleeping in. After waking up, she opened wide her eyes and obediently let Qin Fei dress her.

At eight o’clock, Shang Jin yawning, went out with Shang Youyou. He sat Shang Youyou in the safety seat and sat in the driver’s seat himself.

They arrived at school close to nine o’clock.

When it comes to Shang Jin, he was originally a school celebrity, so carrying Shang Youyou who was dressed like a princess attracted many people’s attention.