Chapter 47

Chapter 47:

The three people awkwardly waited until the hotpot arrived.

The waiter placed the dishes one by one in the empty place on the table, which was also in between Shang Jin and Shang Ming and opposite to Ye Zhou.

The Mandarin duck pot base was hot and spicy, bright red on one side and fresh and fragrant, light on the other side. Eighty percent of what the three big men ordered was all meat.

Shang Jin picked up a plate of mutton and poured it all into the spicy oil.

“Eh, you should put a bit on both sides.” Ye Zhou couldn’t stand it and picked up another plate of beef and put a few pieces into each side.

“Ye Zhou, why are you trying to manage it so much for? Such an adult and he still doesn’t understand what he wants to eat?” Shang Ming snorted and, matching strength with Shang Jin, took the meat from the plate next to his hand and dropped it in the pot.

“You guys slow down a bit.” This kind of thinly-sliced meat could easily be blanched twice then eaten. They put in so much in one breath, it was simply a waste! The meat would be overcooked! Seeing that the two of them had no signs of stopping, Ye Zhou slammed the table and furiously said, “Do you guys understand how to eat hotpot!”

The two people finally stopped their actions.

Ye Zhou disdainfully said, “I’m take over the rest. You guys just be responsible for eating.”

Shang Jin took up his chopsticks and habitually stretched toward the clear side of the soup. The chopsticks hadn’t touched the clear soup, Shang Jin turned his wrist and picked up the pale yellow bamboo dyed with a layer of chili oil. It wasn’t in a fit of pique that he put the meat covered in chili into his bowl; it was just that he also wanted to taste what Ye Zhou liked.

Ye Zhou really hadn’t seen Shang Jin eat spicy things. Ye Zhou and Zhou Wendao used to eat at this restaurant regularly. The spicy taste was especially excessive. If Shang Jin didn’t usually eat spicy, then it definitely wasn’t a good idea to try this for the first time. Ye Zhou ladled a bowl of clear broth and placed it next to Shang Jin, said, “It’d be better if you take a sip in the soup.”

Hungry for a morning and only eating one bread on the way, Shang Ming’s belly was singing like an empty city. After the meat was cooked, he couldn’t wait to pick up a lot. He was just about to eat with the tip of his nose sweating, but when he saw Ye Zhou’s close and considerate behavior, his movement paused. His eyes lingered between the two of them for a moment, then continued to immersed himself in gorging out.

Shang Jin looked at the clear soup and put the meat in his mouth.

The spice and numbness spread in his mouth in an instant. For those who weren’t good at eating spicy food, it was really hard for their tongues to adapt. But who was Shang Jin? Even if it was difficult to adapt, he could still eat one after the other without changing his look.

Ye Zhou said in astonishment, “Can you eat spicy?”

Shang Jin endured the internal heat in his mouth, nodded and said, “Tolerable.”

“Not bad.” Shang Ming, tilting up his lips, used the serving chopsticks to give Shang Jin a piece of duck blood and said, “Ye Zhou likes to eat this. Try it.” If he didn’t guess wrong, Shang Jin definitely didn’t like animal viscera. There was indeed a kind of person who was very resistant to eating these. So Shang Ming deliberately said that Ye Zhou liked to eat it after giving it to him, wanting to see the other side’s reaction.