Chapter 50

Chapter 50:

“Who did this?” Ye Zhou picked up the leaves on the windowsill and said in disbelief, “They were still fine yesterday.”

“I heard a bird call this morning. It should’ve been a bird.” Shang Jin flipped through the flowerpot and there really were no flowers left for him.

Compared with Shang Jin’s flowerpot, Ye Zhou was suddenly relieved of his own pot’s experience. He’d lost a few leaves at most, while Shang Jin’s flowers had genuinely blossomed. Ye Zhou patted Shang Jin’s shoulder and sighed, “Your strawberry really met with many difficulties in life.”

“It was my negligence. I should have anticipated any possible danger that might arise.” Shang Jin picked up the fallen flower and walked to the bookshelf. He pulled out the dictionary and pressed the flower inside.

After class at noon, Shang Jin and Ye Zhou discussed making a simple fence net for the flower pots, and the two people ran off campus in their Shang Ye number.

Ye Zhou suggested, “How about using a wire mesh?”

“It’s okay…” But the wire mesh was relatively thin and also easily rusted. The plants were bound to go through wind and sun, and moreover, with it raining more now, the durability was a bit low. Shang Jin walked and walked and suddenly heard the bird’s cry. He turned and looked at where the bird cry came from and saw a parrot eating in a birdcage. “I know what to buy. We just need to spend a bit of money and we completely don’t need to do it ourselves.”

Half an hour later, Ye Zhou carried two around 30cm cages, while Shang Jin held a collapsible flower stand and they hustled into the dormitory building.

“The two of you are simply…” Wen Renxu said incredulously. The two people obviously had such good grades, but why was the brain circuit always different from ordinary people??

“What are you guys buying two cages for?” Even if Liu Yutian was playing games, he couldn’t attend to it. He came to take the cage from Ye Zhou’s hand. He had also heard about the bad news about the two pots of strawberries, but animals were animals after all. Could people reason with animals? “Even if you want to catch the bird, you have to know which one it is!”

Shang Jin was puzzled. “Who told you that we bought the cages to catch birds?”

Liu Yutian looked dumbfounded, “Or else?”

Ye Zhou said as a matter of course, “Of course, it’s for the strawberries.”

Liu Yutian was stunned. Shang Jin and Ye Zhou also didn’t mind him. They began to untie the triangular fastener of the birdcage chassis and set the cage aside. They picked up their strawberry seedlings from the windowsill and placed it in the chassis. The cage body was fixed back on again, and finally four ribbons were tied into a “井” character, fixing the pots in place. Afterwards, the collapsible flower stand was unfolded and fixed at the end of the corridor leaning against a wall. The unfolded flower rack wasn’t too big, and it wouldn’t hinder others from walking. Ye Zhou placed the bird cages on it.

Shang Jin patted the dust off his hands and said, “This was long overdue.”

They’d already attracted the attention of the people in the dorm next door not long after the two had come in. Zhou Wendao exclaimed, “Heyo, oh my good! You both really take these strawberries as pets? Look, one pot in one independent room, and also a high class community!” The height of the flower stand was ten centimeters shorter than the wall of the corridor. It wasn’t only good for basking in the sun, but even if there was a strong wind, one didn’t have to worry about the tragedy of falling.