Chapter 53

Chapter 53:

Ye Zhou blanked for a moment. “What’s with your reaction!”

Shang Ming turned around and opened the document on the computer, perfunctorily saying, “What reaction do you want me to have?”

“Shang Jin, heー”

Shang Ming typed on the keyboard and forcibly pressed Enter. Looking at Ye Zhou, he said, “Isn’t it just Shang Jin confessing to you? I asked you this question on May 1st and gave you a month to prepare. It really happened, so don’t tell me you still can’t accept it?”

Ye Zhou said without confidence, “I thought you were joking…”

“So, how did you answer?”

“I said I didn’t like him…”

Shang Ming sneered and shifted his gaze back to the computer. Turning over a page in the reference book, he continued typing. “Then isn’t that alright? You’ve already replied to him, and Shang Jin doesn’t look like a stalker. In the future, the two of you would keep bridge and road separate: everything would be restored to its original state to everyone’s satisfaction. Anyways, both of you are in a hostile relationship, so what’s the use of having such a good relationship?”

Ye Zhou said irritably, “But I don’t want it to be like this.”

“You rejected people and still want people to be good friends with you? How can you be so sweet!”

“What are you talking about? So eccentric.”

“I just didn’t think you could be stupid to this degree!!” Shang Ming jerked up, fiercely jabbed at Ye Zhou’s head and said, “It’s almost the end of the term, and I haven’t finished half of my paper yet. The review material is piled up into a mountain. The time is so pressing, so why do I have to worry about your love problem!”

“I…”

“I, a fart!” Shang Ming hated iron for not becoming steel. He took a deep breath, leaned on the table and said, “Ask you a few questions. Don’t think about it and immediately answer me.”

The first time seeing Shang Ming lose his temper, Ye Zhou obediently nodded.

Shang Ming tapped his fingers on the table and said, “You said you like Tang Dongdong. Then I ask you: what’s his birthday?”

“Eh…” Ye Zhou was thinking it over but was quickly interrupted by Shang Ming.

“OK, don’t answer it.” Shang Ming asked again, “What date is Shang Jin’s birthday?”

Ye Zhou blurted out, “March 15.”

Shang Ming raised his eyebrows and continued, “What does Tang Dongdong like to eat?”

Ye Zhou frowned and tried to recall the information Su Yin had given him.

Shang Ming gave him a cold look and said, “What does Shang Jin like to eat?”

“Strawberry candy.” Speaking of strawberry candy, Ye Zhou remembered the fact that when he’d bought a cake for Shang Jin’s birthday, he’d also bought desserts for Tang Dongdong. He quickly added, “I remember, Tang Dongdong likes to eat sweets: macarons, doughnuts, and such.”