29.Overhaul

I sat down on the airplane seat, thankful that we were able to get here without any trouble. We were able to leave our boat and go to the airport with bringing attention to ourselves. Going through airport secretary was stressful, to say the least. We had to make sure our drugs and weapons weren't found out. Thankfully, due to Kurono, they didn't notice anything.

The plan had three rows of three chairs. One row in the middle and two on the side. We had all been able to get seats relatively close to each other.

Next to me was Eri, in the middle chair, and next to her, Kurono, in the window seat. In the seats behind us Hojo, Tabe, and Setsuno were sitting together. In the row next to me was Rikiyo, Rappa, and Tengai. And behind them were Mimic and Nemoto, who were sitting next to a stranger.

"Could you pass this to Tengai?" I looked at Kurono as he was holding a packet of gum.

"This is so they could chew on something when their ears start hurting during lift off and while landing."

"Sure," I handed the packet of gum to Tengai and noticed that Kurono had handed two packets to Hojo so he could pass one to Nemoto.

"I'm scared."

I looked at Eri, nervously grabbing her chair.

"Oh, it's okay Eri. Here let's put on a movie for you to watch! It'll distract you so you won't notice! Okay?"

"Okay."

Kurono plugged her Earbuds in and placed them in her ears. He then changed the language of the movie to Japanese, so she could understand it better.

"What movie do you want to watch?"

"Frozen!"

"Alright! And then after that you could watch Frozen 2!"

"Yeah!"

Kurono put the movie on, then he looked out of the window.

"Everything alright, Hari?"

"Oh, yeah, it's fine."

"We both know that that's a lie. What's wrong?"

"Nothing important, it's fine."

"Hari."

"Kai, could we please talk about this some other time?"

"Of course. Whenever you want."

"Thank you."

He turned away and continued to look out the window. It hurt, seeing how he was sad, yet I had no clue as to what's wrong. We used to tell each other everything. I tell him everything, but why doesn't he seem to trust me?

"Hari, you know you can trust me right."

"Yes, I know. I promise I'll tell you, but just once we've settled down in New York."

"Okay."

I nodded at him and he nodded back. I could tell he was giving me one of his small, sad smiles that breaks my heart from under his cloth mask. I hated when he gave me one of those smiles. He knew that I could see through them, but he still does it.