18-Sweet Seduction

Darius sat down, smiling this odd smile. Artificial and not at all carefree as usual. "Hi everyone, I finished earlier than expected so I thought I'd come in. This is Katherine by the way, she's joining us for lunch today." His voice was tight and so plastic as if he were forcing his words out. For everyone else in the world, it probably seemed like his normal voice but to us three, even me. Even though I'd known him for less than two months, would know that this wasn't him.

This was a façade.

I smiled at the beauty from before, trying to not display any of my inner confusion. Let us just go with the flow.

"Oh hi,it's you," She spoke smiling back at me. I nodded back again, smiling again.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Juliette." I introduced myself, nudging Alaric to follow suit, my leg slightly brushing against Raphael. Be friendly guys.

I could feel the coldness reeking out Alaric. Their walls were up.

"Alaric, I believe you already know that." He responded coldly and Raphael then nodded before introducing my self. They avoided the whole nice to meet you thing.

Better than attacking her with cold silence though.

Even though I was slightly miffed with the situation, I didn't want to make her feel at all uncomfortable. I mean of course I was going to be nice to her, like why would I be mean?

"It's nice to meet you all. Darius was telling me all about you guys a bit earlier. He mentioned how close you all were as friends. So, I hope I'm not intruding." Her sugary words seemed to be too sweet if not forced, the emphasis of certain words filled it with certain angst.

"Of course not," I justified, "It's lovely for you join us."

She smiled again, "You're so sweet. I hope we can be good friends."

Lies it seemed, there was something not right about her. I couldn't exactly put my finger on it.

We continued to eat, finishing this sugary sweet chat. Back and forth, her answers all having something subtle digs.

Maybe she was just being nice and I was overthinking it.

And I knew the real reason why I was trying to find a fault in her. Like why I wanted to not like her.

She probably wanted to be friends and what not, but we weren't her real target.

It was Darius.

When she spoke to him or tried to converse, her voice had the lilt I knew so well – her words soft with the smile. This desire to play.

Even though, I am not exactly miss experienced in seduction but she reminded me of Darius when he flirted with me.

I mean she was effortless sexy and there was an air of danger around her and the pair of them would look great together.

A bad dangerous romance.

While moi and Darius, would probably be a fluffy fairy tale romance.

And that's why I wanted to find a fault, because I didn't want Darius to be enruptuted or be stolen away,

This possessiveness was so foreign to me, I had never felt like this. Like sharing is caring but not him.

He was mine, they were mine. I didn't want him to flirt, smile or enchant her.

It was me and them,us. Our relationship was them sharing me but I felt so guilty- I didn't want to share them.

Raphael then spoke up, "I really do apologise, but I've finished lunch and I have to go collect my violin. Juliette, let's get your folder on the way."

What folder? Smart,smart, smart. I really wanted to leave for some reason, it seemed suffocating. Thank you Raphael but I still felt guilty for being so mean.

"It's really a shame that we can't talk for longer," I said, smiling again, picking up my plate. "Perhaps, another time?" In my head, I was like another time-um no thank you. Just leave us alone.

She smiled back, "Of course, bye" Her slender fingers then were placed on Darius forearm like claiming it. Remove that hand.

I eyed it, my eyes tinged with hidden hostility.

"Bye Darius," I said, turning away before we made eye contact.

Like it was literally yesterday when we were kissing and all that, but now the distance was felt like more than ever.

I am a bit thick sometimes, but it was clear that something was going on. And if they were even involved in the way I think, I am literally going to throw hands.

Joking, I would probably cry. I did not want to lose him. It would be hard to forget him.

I knew that they didn't have friends in the school, it was always them. They didn't liaise with others unless it was for some ulterior motives. So the fact that he invited Katherine over, what was I supposed to think?

We left in silence, " Angel, it's not what you think," Raphael said, as I leaned against the lockers.

"What am I supposed to think?" I asked questioningly, at both of them. Alaric then brushed a tendril of hair back, kissing my nose as he answered.

"It's easy to misunderstand but unless you've spoken to him, don't form any conclusions. Darius knows what he is doing and you're special to him. To all of us." His voice hardened and his obsidian eyes glimmered softly with warmth, hypnotizing me to understand.

"You're right," I answered back. Raphael placed a quick kiss on my palm. I smiled at how sweet they were.

Misunderstanding would ruin our relationship and I needed to communicate. When I see Darius next, I would ask him . I nodded my head determinedly, nearly raising my fist in the air to express it. Causing Raphael to chuckle out loud.

"Sometimes I wonder what goes on in your head," He laughed cheekily, causing me blush. "Let's walk you to class."

----------------------------

I walked in to our common room during my free, jumping as I was pulled into a tight hug. I relaxed, breathing in the familiar smell. He was here.

I could ask the gazillion of questions that were racing in my head and get to the bottom of this situation. Reassure myself that he was still mine.

"Juliette, I need you to trust me." He murmured as he pulled back, so he could look at from eye to eye. His emerald eyes shone with sincerity and it was as if I could see the waves of turmoil. He was conflicted and it was odd to see him so torn up.

"I need you to trust me."

....................................................