41: Made up

A/N
Hi everyone!
I apologize for the slow update, work has gotten busier in the hospital.
Anyway, happy weekends!

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

It has been 2 days since the talk. None of Arthur or Thea were willing to talk, or at least Arthur tried. He had tried to talk to her, to sort things out, but everytime they did Arthur always ended up saying things that had driven Thea even further.

Thea has gotten tired to explain to him that all she wants is for him to communicate with her. No matter how hard she tried, Arthur seemed to not understand. She chose to stay silent and let things go the way he wants it. She will stop mending everything he does, because that's what he wants.

Arthur kept tossing on his bed, trying to get some sleep but his mind wouldn't let him rest after everything that happened. He was physically and mentally tired but he couldn't fall asleep. He wanted to solve their problems but ended up having another problem to argue instead. He had to admit, Thea was right, he needs to communicate with her, he needs to talk things to her, it's just hard because he is not used to share everything with other people. But he is willing to try.

Thea was getting ready to go to work, she had decided to try her new dress that she bought recently. She needed a fresh start to start the day, that is by wearing one of her new dresses. She smiled at herself in the mirror as she thought she looked nice in her new dress.

She went downstairs to the kitchen, hoping to get some toast but saw that Arthur was already there, drinking his coffee. Not wanting to ruin her fine morning by arguing with him again, she decided to go straight to work instead. But of course, Arthur saw her going to the front door, and he stopped her.

"Aren't you going to eat first?" He asked, making her stop. But Thea didn't turn around to face him.

"I'm not hungry" was all she said before she walked out of the house and went to work. She kinda felt bad to treat her husband like that, but she felt better this morning and didn't want him to ruin that good mood to her.

Arthur let out a sigh as he watched his wife left the house. He hated that things drove his wife away from him. He hated the silent and cold treatment he has been receiving from her. He wanted to go back to their old life when they were happy and love each others.

Thea did her work as usual, she was glad that the thought of Arthur and their problem didn't really bother her today.

"Steve and I are going to have a BBQ evening tonight, come join us" Bella said, leaning her back on the chair.

"That's nice, Thea are you coming?" Grey asked Thea. "'Cause I don't want to be the third wheel if you're not coming"

That made Thea laughed. "Sure, I'll come"

A BBQ evening with her bestfriends would be a nice way to end the day.

"Thea, Boss is asking for you" Patricia informed her, earning a nod from Thea. They both headed to Matthew's office room before Patricia left to her desk beside his room.

Thea knocked on the door before she opened it. "Hey, you're asking for me?"

Matthew, who was reading a newspaper, looked up at her. "Yes, Thea, come sit"

She closed the door behind her and took a seat on the chair in front of him. Matthew put the newspaper aside and looked at her.

"I apologize in advanced for this, it's a short notice but we are leaving to Budapest tomorrow for 3 days. We have 2 meetings, one with Lionel and his team, and another one with Elsey Media, and we are also invited to a Gala dinner on Sunday" Matthew explained, hoping it won't surprised her much with their sudden schedules.