21 | Careful

"What? Protective?" Fshiguro ask, finally realizing what he was doing, "It's not like that, you idiot."

He lets out an irritated sigh. You giggle before patting the hand that's gently grabbing your arm.

Fushiguro hesitantly lets go of your arm.

"Hello, i'm Y/N L/n." you smile at Itadori.

He mirrors your bright smile, "Itadori Yuuji! Nice to meet you." he introduces himself.

He tilts his head to the side, "One question, L/N. What's your technique?"

The light atmosphere inside the room drastically changes once he asked, though Itadori doesn't seem to notice it— he's genuinely curious. Would that be the reason why the shikigami user doesn't want him near you?

Fushiguro quickly makes eye contact with Kugisaki as if silently asking her to interfere. He knows Itadori's attention span is akin to a house fly. Unfortunately, the girl with brown her adverts her gaze— she couldn't think of any excuses.

That goes the same for Maki, Panda and Inumaki.

You, on the other hand, is staring back at itadoris curious eyes. Are you sure you should tell him this?

'Bummer.' you thought,

'Itadori's a nice guy. He'll understand, right?'

You hum, "I consume curses and take their cursed energy." you continue, "The more i eat, the more cursed energy i have."

You bite the inside of your cheek as you watch Itadoris eyes widen. He doesn't back away nor panicked, but instead turns to Fushiguro.

This is really bad..  He already has the king of curses using him as a vessel to worry about, and now you too? This is unfair.

The first year sighs, "See? I'm not protective." he mutters, "The stronger the curse energy is, the hungrier she gets."

"He's right." a tight lipped smile forms on your lips, "I really want to be friends with you but i don't think my.. Ehem.. Hunger would allow it."

"Ah." itadori chuckles nervously, "That's alright. I understand!" he scratches the back of his head.

"Now i know why Fushiguro's always holding you!"

that seemed to lighten up the mood. Kugisaki snickers and Fushiguro, despite the red starting to bloom on his cheeks, scowls at itadori before calling him an idiot.

You grin, "Yep! I really don't mind. He is protecting everyone by keeping me on one place."

'She makes it sound like she's some sort of.. Rabid animal..' maki frowns, concerned. She has to tell Fushiguro about this later. Even if your technique seems gruesome and disgusting for most, she won't let you think you're any less of a human.

"That aside," Maki starts before turning to itadori, "Yuji, give me my slaughter demon. Gojo gave it to you, right?"

Itadori freezes. 'Ah.. '

Not wanting to feel Maki's wrath and still be able to participate in the event, he answers stiffly, "Gojo-sensei.. Has it.."

"That blindfold bastard..!"

you chuckle. They're getting along quite well.

"So what do we do about the battle formation? We got a new member." maki says, "Should we change it? There's no time."

She's right. Now that Itadori's here, there isn't enough time to think of a plan. Hell, even you didn't know what you're supposed to be doing when on battle.

You scrunch your nose, 'Fushiguro hasn't told me anything.'

"Well, that depends on Yuji." panda continues, "What can you do?" he ask.

Itadori raises his arm, "Punching, kicking."

"Ge got enough of that." panda sweatdrops.

Suddenly, Fushiguro spoke from beside you.

"ai don't know what this guy did while he was dead," he continues, "But if he were to fight everyone at the kyoto and Tokyo schools―with no curse power―.."

"Then itadori would win."

Along with the second years who didn't know much about itadori, you look at Fushiguro with disbelief.

"Woah~ you looked so cool saying that, Fushiguro!" you grin, grabbing him by the arm and slightly shaking him.

"It's―it's nothing.." fushiguro grumbles, looking away. That wasn't intentional, but he's somehow glad you thought his little speech is cool.

'It's pretty believeable when megumi says it, since he fought todo.'

"Nice." Maki smirks.

" Maki smirks