Chapter 33

Lucy's p

Lucy's p.o.v

"For what is worth. I was the happiest I've been these few weeks. Thank you for the amazing dates and um.." She paused. " um..for taking good care of me...."

She rushed out as those last words pierced through my heart. I dropped my head down on the table.

Why did I go along with that stupid idea..She probably didn't mean it as well.. Breaking things off was the last thing .. the last option.. I didn't want to let her go..

But I didn't want to hide things from her brother. Oh what was I expecting her to do.. come up with some magic solution?

I was an idiot. I should have taken care of this on my own, that way I wouldn't ruin something before we started.

"Check please..." I told the barista, deflated.

The barista walked over with the bill and took Francy's half-filled mug. "Not even finished. Must have been a break up."

He gave me a disapproving glance as I paid. Oh shut up old man. What do you know?

I took my jacket and took a cab back home. Ace was there working with the rest of the group.

"Hey Lucy..come here. I just finished going over the report with Sierra and I think we need to go over some things in your game. You need to read the report and then we have.."

"Give me as much work as you can." I walked over grabbing a chair. I needed as many distractions as I could have until I die.

Ace gave me a side eye. "Okaaay. I appreciate the dedication." He passed me a file. "Let's start with this...

***

Francy's p.o.v

Once I got home I kicked my boots off and ambled through the living room to my bedroom.

"Did you have a good time honey?" Mom asked from the kitchen.

I pressed my fists together and smiled. "Yes. It was great."

"Come sit with us for lunch."

"No I'm not hungry. Just tired. I'm going to take a nap."

I hurried to my room and the moment I got to my room I locked the door.

I don't know how I managed to get there on time because by the time I blinked, tears were pouring down my face.

I pressed my sleeve on my mouth to silence my sobs because I didn't want anyone to hear me.

I was sure I was getting mascara on the shirt but my vision was so blurry I couldn't even see.

How can life go to shit that fast?

No, it didn't happen like that. This wasn't me having a good life then a small bump in the road. Who was I kidding?

That was just a highlight. He was one spark of the good life and I was back to normal. I was back to Tuesdays reading, homework after school, casual life and my three cats.

I couldn't stop crying.

I finally got a little bit of happiness. It wasn't anything grand. It wasn't ...

I kept on sobbing but I tried to take a breath to calm down.

Just for a little while my life changed. It was different. I didn't know what to expect. There wasn't a regular schedule, dates were interesting and new and exciting. The kissing was really nice and it made me feel good, and I...

I pressed my eyes yet tears still ran down.

I really liked him. I really really liked him. My heart would skip just thinking about him. How do I go back to normal now?

Before I broke down any further and wallowed in more sadness, I ran to the bathroom and turned on the shower. 

I know this is such a sad cliffhanger, but be strong my loves, and be patient. More is coming