Chapter 102

The door fell into its lock when Soyeon and I finally arrived at home. It was already past midnight and we quietly made our way to our rooms, not wanting to wake up any of the sleeping beauties.
My light bag hung over my shoulder again after my best friend had picked it up at the party for me. Thank god, I probably would've left it otherwise.

I still wore the borrowed clothes  of the stranger and decided to give them to Chenle the next time I saw him so that he could give them back to his friend.
The only question was when I was going to meet again...

As my eyes fell onto the stairs, I swiftly decided to take my high-heels off, rather preferring the cold wooden floor than another second in these painful shoes.
A quiet jawn left my lips while I wandered up to the third floor, neither Soyeon nor I with any energy left to talk.

Instead, it was my mind that couldn't stop working- thoughts always finding their way back to when I had last seen the brunette student, a small smile gracing my face as I remembered our last conversation.

Lee Donghyuck... My boyfriend...

I still couldn't comprehend the fact that I was now in a relationship and probably wouldn't for a while, but still, my heart felt like it was going to burst out of sheer happiness.

We finally reached the second floor where Soyeon had her room, my best friend just about to walk away and call it a day.
"Sleep well", she mumbled, almost around the corner when I abruptly stopped in my tracks and quickly turned around.

"Soyeon, wait."

The pretty member stopped immediately, her head popping back up from behind the corner before she looked at me while I stood a few stairs above her.
Our eyes met while I nervously bit my lip, opening my mouth to say something, but no words coming out. Even though I knew she respected my decisions, I still hesitated due to the many times I had felt judged and in the wrong.

"I uh..." I nervously fiddled with my fingers, "I'm dating Donghyuck now."

Her eyes grew wide when she heard my words, a short moment of silence filling the staircase while both of us seemed to be entirely turned into stone.
My best friend blinked at me with an empty expression, only making me more nervous than I already was before. 

The atmosphere was truly uncomfortable and I was ready to break the silence , but, to my fortune, she finally gained her posture back. 

"It's about time, huh?" Soyeon surprisingly chuckled, resting her hands on her hips while she grinned at me cheekily. A weight lifted off my shoulders seconds later and I finally felt like I was able to breathe again.