꧁꧂‎

(a/n: - .... . / --. .. .-. .-.. / .-.. --- ...- . -.. .-.-.- / ... .... . / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - / .... .- ...- . .-.-.-

.-.. --- .-.. --- .-.. --- .-.. / .. / .... .- ...- . / .-- .- -.-- / - --- --- / -- ..- -.-. .... / ..-. ..- -. / .-- .. - .... / - .... .. ...)
_____________________________

flashback
(reference chapter 024: settled)

Eunji entered the white blank room, an unpleasant feeling laying out. She was anxious and just wanted to turn around and leave again.

But it was too late. The elder already saw her and waved her to his desk.

"Good afternoon, Eunji." The doctor started, with a warm almost pitying smile, "How are you?"

"Right now..I'm feeling alright." Eunji tried to smile too.

"I think we both know why you are here." The doctor sighed and took out a sheet of paper, when Eunji sat down, "You are ill."

"Yes."

"Hanahaki to be exact." He continued and skipped through another pile of paper, "How much do you know about it?"

"I read a few articles on the internet and know what I need to know." Eunji answered, mumbling.
She didn't want to be here at all.

"Then let's settle the surgery date, shall we?" The doctor took out a file, as Eunji's eyes widen.

"I don't plan on getting the surgery!" She exclaimed, almost immediately with determination and confidence. The doctor was taken aback.

"You..don't?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I'm confident, that it won't come that far." Eunji hurriedly replied, realising how stupid her words sounded now that she voiced them out, "I'm confident that the person I..have feelings for will like me back."

There was a short silence.
"Do you even know what you are getting yourself into?" The doctor spoke again, his voice full of disbelief.

"I do know."

"Your time is limited and it gets worse everytime you throw up petals, do you know that?" He spoke.

"Worse..?"

"Eunji, this is not some fun activity you can take lightly." The doctor's voice was serious, "Your life is on the line."

"I am aware of that, but...there's still plenty of time! I still have more than 4 months left-"

"You don't. You don't have that much time left." The doctor quickly came to interrupt her, making her eyes widen.

"What?"

The doctor frowned, sighing once again, before taking another last pile of sheets to explain it to her.

"The flowers grow in the roots of your lungs." He took out a x-ray scan from her lungs which was taken a moment before, "They grow right there and yours are already damaged."

"I-I don't understand."

"Your asthma. Your lungs were originally damaged from the asthma you are suffering from and with that the time that you read in the articles won't count for you. You don't have 3-5 months left." The doctor sighs at the girl's confusion, "Your case is different. Worse I would say."

"But this can't be.." Eunji stammered. She didn't want this to be true.

There was a certain silence again, before Eunji caught herself, "Then how much till..?" She couldn't bring herself to end the sentence.