042: in

(a/n: bleh)
______________________________

"Good..or bad news?" Jungwon bitterly smiled, scoffing almost, "I don't care. I-I just need to know if she's alive. That's all I need to know and that's all that matters to me."

The doctor frowned at the boy's unusual reaction, but nodded. He has been through this before. Grieving, devastated family members or loved ones, the doctor just had to convey the news safely.

"Jungwon, listen closely." The doctor sighed, making Jungwon tense. It was the certain undertone the doctor had, that made the boy's heart stop.

"Eunji lives. She survived and is at least breathing." The doctor looked down to his board, as Jungwon's eyes widened.

Eunji was alive.
She didn't die on him.

"S-She lives? As in she is alive?" Jungwon was close to losing his mind again, as he was about to dash pass the doctor, who then held his arm tightly, stopping him from running into the girl's hospital room.

The doctor shook his head, "You can't."

"I need to see her." Jungwon glared, trying to break free from the doctor's tight grip.

The doctor stayed quiet, not surprised at the boy's outburst, while deliberating what would be smart that do, when Jungwon continued.

"I was the one who found her laying on the ground. Motionless. With her eyes closed. She was cold. So fucking cold. I-I couldn't believe my own eyes." Jungwon's eyes turned dull, remembering the moment he saw her at the school garden, "She was on the verge of dying. In my arms. I need to make sure that this isn't a dream. That she actually is alive and isn't dead, I need to see it with my own eyes..."

And the next moment the boy suddenly dropped to the ground, making the doctor's eyes widen, "Jungwon, what in the world are you kneeling for?! Stand up-"

"I will cover the whole hospital bill. Every procedure, every test, every little supply that's needed, just let.. me see her."
Jungwon's voice broke again, as he looked down, "Please."

The doctor stared at him in disbelief.
Jungwon was dead serious.

"Alright." The adult turned away, sighing and already starting to walk ahead, "But don't tell me I didn't warn you."

And here he was. Standing in front of the hospital bed, staring down at the girl he loved so much.
New tears started to brim in the corner of his eyes, making him clench his jaw.
He didn't want to cry no more.

The girl that used to tease him and chase him around the school garden.
The girl that used to run around the rain with him, was now chained down to the hospital bed by tons of tubes and wires, which were attached to electronic devices to monitor every little thing in her body.

"She..is..." Jungwon stammered, his grip around the bed border tightening. He didn't want to believe it.

"Yes, she is alive. Yes, she is breathing." The doctor sighed, pushing up his glasses, "But breathing would be the only thing she will be doing for now."

Jungwon stayed quiet, too busy looking at Eunji.
Even though she was pale, attached to tubes and unrecognisable, he still found her so incredibly beautiful, almost unreal.

"Eunji is in a vegetative state, caused by coma. She is neither awake or dead and lacks awareness. We don't know if she ever is going to wake up or-"