Chapter Twenty Six: Heart to Heart with Liam Payne

You and Zayn both froze. Liam and Danielle broke up? No. This couldn’t be happening. “What?” you asked softly, unbelieving what Louis had just told you. Louis nodded with a frown on his face. Then he stretched out his arm. “Come on. We’ll tell you in the living room.” he said. You, Zayn, Louis, Eleanor, Harry and Niall all headed to the livilng room. Niall quietly went over to you and kissed you on the cheek. He put an arm around you. “I’m sorry you had to come home like this.” he whispered in your ear, quiet enough so no one else could hear him. You didn’t respond. All you did was gulp. You and Zayn took a seat next to eachother on the soft, Niall on the other side. Louis sighed as he sat down with Eleanor. Harry hadn’t said anything yet. “Now, what happened?” Zayn asked very curiously. Louis sighed again. “This morning…” he started. “Liam and Danielle got into his huge fight. None of us know what it was about. They woke all of us up, fighting, yelling and practically at eachother’s necks. Neither of them spoke to us when we tried to consoul them.” he said. You were shocked. “So Danielle just left?” you asked in amazement. Louis nodded sadly. “Yes love.” he said softly. Your heart sunk. You looked over at Zayn who had no emotion on his face. “Danielle packed all her things into her luggage. I tried stopping her and I told her just to sit down and talk things about but she was too furious to do anything. I couldn’t stop her.” Eleanor said with her head down. You sighed. “So that’s it?” you asked them all. “Payzer is over?” you questioned. You looked around at all of their faces. As well as Zayn. Louis nodded sadly. Harry did the same. Niall and Eleanor kept their heads down. Sadness filled the room. You didn’t realize how upset Eleanor was until she lifted her head to wipe some tears from her eyes. It hit you. Danielle and Eleanor were bestfriends. She just lost her bestfriend. “El.” you said, trying to get her attention. She looked up at you with tears in her eyes. You walked over to where she and Lou were sitting and took a seat down next to her. Wrapped your arms around her in a big bear hug and held her as she quietly sobbed. “The thing is.” Harry suddenly said. “The thing is, we all love Danielle. We loved her and Liam together because we thought they wouldn’t ever break up. We actually thought they would end up getting married. She was a part of the 1D Family for a long time. We’re just afraid that we’ve lost her.” he explained. He was right. You knew, even before you met Danielle, that she was a part of the 1D Family.

     You were still holding onto Eleanor. Zayn spoke up. “I… I… I just don’t know what to say right now.” he admitted. The others nodded. Understand where he was coming from. “We know. Neither do we.” Niall answered as he pat Zayn on the back. After a few moment of silence, it was broken by Louis. “Alright, well why don’t you and Zayn go upstairs and unpack?” he asked you. “We’ll all be down here.” he said. Without anyone speaking, you and Zayn both walked back over to the front door, grabbed your suitcases and went upstairs to settle down. Neither of you spoke to eachother. You passed Liam’s room, feeling a harsh feeling in your stomach. You didn’t like it. You went in you, Eleanor’s and once Danielle’s room and put your things away slowly. Mind confused, wondering what could have possibly happened to cause the Liam/Danielle breakup. You took your time. You weren’t rushing. Your door was open. After a few minutes, Zayn knocked and stood in the doorway. You looked up. “Want some help?” he asked, leaning against the door framw. You looked around and nodded. You didn need some help. “Ummm.. Sure. Can you just empty out that luggage over there?” you motioned to the luggage on the rug. You wnt over to it, unzipped it and took your clothes out, helping you hand up your shirts and folding anything else in there. Neither of you spoke. But then, you said something. “Zayn?” you asked. “Hmmm?” he asked, raising his eyesbrows while putting a blouse back into your closet. He looked at you. “Do you think Liam and Danielle will get back together? You think she’ll come back?” you asked him curiously. You could tell he didn’t have an answer. He was honest and shrugged his shoulders. “I dunno _____. Maybe. Only time will tell.” You agreed. In a matter of time, you were finished with putting all your things away. “Come on. They’re waiting for us downstairs.” Zayn said, leading you down the stairs to the others. You heard the TV on. You were at the foot of the staircase when you stopped in your tracks. Zayn was already halfway down. You slowly spun around, taking a look at Liam’s door. You stared at it til Zayn caught you. “_____.” he called. Your head swung back around. He jerked his arm in the “Follow Me” motion. “Come on.” he said. “Uhhhh…” you said. You looked down. “Hold on. Lemme just do something real quick.” you answered. He didn’t argue with you. He just continued his way down the stairs. Once he was out of sight, you spun around again and crept towards Liam’s door. You couldn’t help yourself. You pressed your ear aainst the door in order to see if you could hear anything. Nothing. You took a deep breath and knocked on the door very softly. Knock, knock, knock. “Liam?” you asked him.