Chapter 9

* I can't answer messages but I can reply to comments so please don't think I'm ignoring anyone I just can't respond. I hope you all enjoy the chapter!! *

"Iris, how efficient do you say your combat abilities are?", I enquired as I began to feed Emmy who is somewhat less distraught since the eruptions occurred.

Iris who had laid refreshments on the table in front of me nodded and explained," I am the top candidate picked by his majesty himself, to help you complete daily duties and protect both you and process Emersyn when necessary".

I wasn't surprised at all, the mannerisms I could see Iris perform over the pass months were vastly different from the 'normal' maids scattered in the palace.

With my five siblings and Zaroth outside, I wasn't too concerned about what was happening outside but still held some fears about any of them getting injured.

A slight pop noise resounded as Emmy finished her meal and I placed her on my shoulder, patting her back to let her burp. After a satisfying burp noise was made Emmys small body relaxed entirely and my sweetheart fell into a quick slumber.

Iris wordlessly took Emmy to place her in her crib, a daily routine that Iris and I fell into every time Emmy burps. I really wanted nothing more than to stretch my limbs and slaughter the people who disturbed my sweeties' afternoon nap.

But I just couldn't leave my baby's side, even with Iris whom I've grown to trust as I knew far too well how this quiet scene could turn disastrous in a split second.

Then Iris snapped her view towards the entrance of the room same time as I. Although I knew simply by the sound of their footsteps who they were.

"Where's my niece!", a muffled shout was heard outside the room and Iris looked at me for permission to which I nodded as she proceeded to open the door.

Feya looked in alarm for her niece but took a deep sigh of relief seeing me seem nothing out of the ordinary.

Feya went to hold Emmys hand but paused as she realised how filthy she looked. I couldn't bear to see her in such a state when she clearly worried for my daughter's safety so I waved my hand in her direction, absorbing every drop of blood into midair.

I opened the closet window to me and threw the contents outside regardless of who or what was down below. Feya calmed down more seeing her niece asleep but threw a suspicious gaze in my direction because of the stunt I just pulled.

I pointed a finger to myself, "I'm a royal vampire so you don't have to worry about any human genes in my daughters veins"

Feya looked shocked as Iris had her mouth wide open at the statement. But Feya then nodded as she proceeded to say how it all made sense now.

Feya sat on the couch next to Emmys crib and munched in the snacks Iris bought earlier. Seeing how carefree she is, now I know for certain my family and Zaroth aren't in grave danger.

"By the way, those stupid humans bought 250 thousand troops to destroy our kingdom", Feya mindlessly said as she  dug into the chocolate chip cookies I made specifically for myself to enjoy later.

I could not say I wasn't slightly upset to watch that but the fact so many people have come to overthrow Zaroth. Okay I'm going for some action. One of the most powerful people in this kingdom is here with Iris whom would lay her life down for Emmy is also present with her therefore there is time for me to escape and have some fun fighting too.

"What about her highness Elezen?", I asked out if genuine curiosity as to why she hasn't bursted into this room yet.

Feya choked on her drink and Iris quickly came to support her. Feya gave a small smile to Iris as thanks but threw a unique expression I hadn't seen on her face before. Absolute horror, wait does that mean granny was hurt while I stayed safe in this room?!?

Feya cleared her throat and spoke with disgust, " Mother is safe. She and father have taken their annual honeymoon break this year and I know for certain that my father will keep her from harms way".

Oh well that's different and explains why Elezen gave me a tremendous amount of do's and dont's a little while ago and staying at Emmys side for an entire week.

"I'm going to join in on the fun so please try not to wake Emmy while I'm gone", I said already a foot out the door not bothering to listen to Feya and Iris were saying.

I made my way towards the centre of town and saw no damage touch any of the infrastructures built. Although the air was thick with blood and not a single soul was seen in the once bustling town square.

I scaled the tallest building with ease as I saw familiar figures in the distance. I jumped from roof to roof steadying my landing as I went.

I landed in front of Eliza and Elisa whom had each ripped an enemies head off with blood soaking their attire. My second sister roared next to my younger brother who followed suit as pools of blood were shifting in the air near them, they cut each and every person in their path. The scene would have been gruesome for an ordinary person but I felt a sense of pride seeing them slaughter so many people.

I worried about my other brother until I saw his figure in the sky with blood wings, who floated quite gracefully as he levitated forming a unique skill as shards of blood were created in the sky. He then lowered his hands slowly as the shards shot down like bullets into every human soldiers body.

I stared in awe of how brutal my siblings were killing the human army. I couldn't help smiling at how excited my twin sisters looked especially. A familiar soul landed next to me as he also assessed the scene in front of us.

"Your siblings seem like a great company. They are most welcome to join us for dinner tonight. After a thorough bath that is", Azaroth spoke in mild amazement as he watched his 'in-laws' kill his enemies for them.

I laughed besides him seeing the look of shock on his face for the first time since living with the handsome man and his family. He turned towards me laughing and gave me a small smile which made me stop altogether.

Damn this man knows he looks good and that devilish smile is helping no one right now. All too quickly the battle ended with my sisters launching themselves at me again.

This time I braced myself and only flew back one meter this time. I hugged them back just as fiercely as my brothers both stared down Azaroth. He also did not back down and continued to look at my brothers in a calm nature.

He quickly cut the tension and rose his hand," I presume you are the younger siblings I have heard of. Let's clean this area up before we gather for supper at the castle".

Hayden nodded and shook his hand firmly" it's an honour demon lord. We do wish to see our niece as soon as possible. Hence us helping with the small battle. Guys let's hurry and wash up to see our princess".

Each of my siblings were in agreement not without my sisters giving me their very, very high approval after Azaroth greeted them properly and with respect. I too glanced at Zaroths actions touched that he took the time to know my siblings even though they all just fought in a gruesome battle.

I lightly touched his arm and turned to my family, ignoring my sisters squeals and Kaito fake vomiting at seeing my gestures,"We will have proper introductions later. For now, go as your niece is about to wake any second. Once she sleeps nine of you will be able to meet her understood?".

That certainly did it as they vanished from sight and I couldn't help but laugh lightly once more at their actions. Azaroth on the other hand, stared at my arm wrapped around his. I also grew surprised and tried to release my hold on him but he gently stopped me from doing so.

"Shall we leave now? My soldiers will clean this area up with simple magic", he spoke with a thoughtful expression as if calculating how much time it would take to repair the buildings and how to compensate his people.

Only making me all the more grateful he is my daughters father, not that I'd ever say that out loud to him.

"I'll be sure to be back later with the only the best desserts ever made for everyone who helps clean. But let's check on Emmy first okay?", I asked looking slightly up to meet his eyes and he nodded.

"Of course but I have to thank your siblings. Thanks to them no one was hurt at all and the humans have retreated for now", He said as we began to return to the castle.

I smirked and raised a brow," Well they do share the same blood as me so it's a given that they are extraordinarily strong".