Chapter 25 Skavenblight

After Khorne's departure, Demiurge, with Trico's help began his work that was given to him. He began to do more experiments on Skaven and the abnormal kyber crystal that was later named Warp Stone, thanks to it's abilities.

As Demiurge found out in his studies, Warp Stone is a rare kyber crystal that has a transformation magic in it. Every crystal has other magic in it. One has Ice, fire, earth or nature magic. The closest one that that magic was, it was to nature magic. That is why Warp Stone has green color. 

After that Demiurge began his experiments on Skavens and wrote a report about it to Khorne.

'After longer exposure to the Warp Stone, smaller skaven began to show even more intelligence and ability to build things. On other hand, the bigger one had shown even more battle instincts but is not following them blindly now. He shows much more strategy in his attacks and seems now more promising. 

Shockingly after few days, a report came to me to read, it was from kyber mines. Overseers says that more Warp Stones appered in the cave and I ordered them to bring them to me. With help from Trico I have gathered more rats colonies and expose them to the crystal. After a DAY, their numbers increased to two hundred, and after another day to four hundred. They multiply in amazing speed and grow to adultery in seconds. They are perfect work force and meat shields, my lord. After that I began to look for a place where they can live and I decided to use 6th floor caves that they can live in, of course after Aura and Mare's approval. Skaven seem to love live underground where they can dig chambers and underground paths. But what quite amused me is that after exposure some of those rats became very intelligent in a sense of building buildings and machines, natural born engineers. They constructed many buildings and primitives machines, just in few days, ignoring their lack of strength and height. Of course when they had constructed somewhat of hierarchy among them I told them who is their Emperor. And it seems that the first skavens are their leaders, so it makes work only easier. Now, only after few days, in the ground of 6th floor is a mini city of rats ready for your commands. 

I hope that I pleased you my lord.' 

Demiurge ended his report and using his servant, he send it to the Emperor. He stood up from his chair and walked out of the room, teleportation to the skaven city, Skavenblight. He walked on one of shaky bridge's that connected all of the under city's buildings. Giant pillars that supported cave's ceiling and allowed skaven to build on them. That is really perfect place for the capital city of Skaven, just under their god's dominion. And yes of course Demiurge, who they believe is a messenger of their might god Khorne. Only their leaders could see Khorne himself as he was the one who created them. They work day and night hoping that, just like Demiurge said, Khorne will call for them and they can prove their worth to him.

He walked among breeding chambers where skaven matrons birthed every hour new rats. Next wall to them were slaughterhouses where they choped meat from animals that were hunted on the surface of the 6th floor but also other skaven that died or were just unfortunate to get under chopper. There were also pens with Giant Rats, Brood Horrors and Burrowing Behemoths that did not only were beast of burden or military units but also were used to produce meat for always growing colony.

Air of the cave was already polluted by smoking smelters that melted scavenged metal from the new world, and made into weapons for Skaven and Beastmen by Demiurge's orders. He didn't told some things to his Emperor as he wanted to make a pleasant surprise for him.

Next were mutation chambers were rats were exposed to Warp Stone. Most changed to normal Skaven, some had higher intelligence, some were stronger. But most rare ones were Ratogres and Grey Seers. One was hulking mass of muscles and other was able of spell casting and the most intelligent.