✮ 𝟎𝟐𝟑 ✮

remembering everything

"WE can't keep her, Pietro. She isn't a dog," Wanda stated. "We have to turn her over to those S.H.I.E.L.D. people that are looking for her."

Pietro shook his head. "But she's scared. She's young. We can say she's our sestra, why not?"

"She looks nothing like us!"

"We could dye her hair!"

"Pietro, we can't keep her. We can't," Wanda stated sadly. "I want to, believe me. I want to help her. She has no parents like us. She is alone... but those people will know what to do. She came from space!"

Pietro shook his head, turning when Marlene walked from their shower room. She was wearing pants that were Wanda's along with a blue and silver long-sleeve shirt that was Pietro's. She smiled timidly at the pair, reading their thoughts.

"You don't trust me," she said to Wanda. "I can read your minds... and thank you, Pietro. I know my hair is beautiful," she finished with a smirk. "Maybe you'll copy it one day."

Pietro grinned. "She has powers, Wan. We should just keep an eye on her for a few days. Let her rest from the fall, yes?"

Wanda rolled her eyes. "A few days. Three at most."

The scene changed, and Pietro and Wanda were laughing hysterically as Marlene tried another flavor of the sour candy. "You know, six years have passed, and you still make that same face when eating the candy. Yet you say it's your favorite," Wanda said with a grin.

"I like it, sue me," Marlene said, a Sokovian accent noticeable after many years. "What are we doing today?"

"I plan to find that woman from the third floor, sestra. She was beautiful, no?"

"Oh, come on. I like the one from the fourth floor. Go for her," Marlene stated before saying, "We should go to the market. We need plums."

"You have a plum addiction," Wanda said with a snort.

Before Marlene could respond, a man and a woman appeared in front of the three. "Mr. Maximoff. Miss and Miss Maximoff. My name is Helga Bjork, and I am with the Hydra Reserve. We have been looking for you," she said to Marlene. Pietro puffed his chest and took a step forward. "We have been looking for all of you," the woman corrected, though her eyes stayed on Marlene.

"Why?" Wanda asked.

"There is a new division that we are soon to be opening. We need volunteers. From our files, you three would be perfect. What do you say?" Helga asked with a smile.

"What would we have to do?"

"A few human trial experiments. Don't you want to make Sokovia—the world—a better place? You three can do that. You can. And we will pay you a large sum for your troubles," she said with a smirk when Pietro and Wanda stepped forward. "Interested?"

"Maybe," Wanda stated. "You say we will make the world better? Are you sure?"

"I am sure."

Pietro and Wanda turned to face Marlene. "Are you in, Marls?" Pietro asked softly.

"If you both are... then, I'd be stupid to let you go alone," she said with a laugh.

"Stupid, indeed," Helga said before the memory became fuzzy. Marlene realized where she was, and her head began to hurt. She realized she needed to get out. Hydra had taken her—no, she went willingly. They were bad. They must have wiped her memory. Were Pietro and Wanda okay?

"Tony? Bruce?"

No answer. No movement. She was frozen, staring at Pietro and Wanda. That's why they were in the cells! She left them! She was breathing heavily now.

"Tony!" she yelled, her powers blasting out all around her from her body.

Gasping, she opened her eyes and realized she was on the ground, wires off of her as she smelled something burning. Turning around with wide blue eyes, she realized she set off an explosion with her own magic.

"Tony?" she whispered as she saw Tony and Bruce's legs on the ground. She crawled over to them. Had she killed them? Her breaths came out worse. "Bruce!"

She placed her hand on Tony's forehead, sending a shock through his brain. He jumped up with a start, bumping heads with her. Turning, she did the same to Bruce. The trio were all breathing heavily as she stared at them.

"Did I do that to you?" she whispered.

"Yeah," Bruce said with a nod. "Kinda went crazy after a moment. We're fine. Right?"

Tony was staring at her as he nodded. "Yeah. We're fine. Are you okay?"

"Fine," she whispered. "You saw all of that?"

Tony leaned back on the chair behind him and let a smirk cover his face. "You had your own little lover in space. How cute."

She blushed, leaning back on the cabinet behind her. "Shut up," she breathed. "I need to find Pietro and Wanda. Pietro is Aaron. Pietro was the only one who was allowed in my simulation."

"You remember more?" Bruce asked incredulously, grabbing his chart from next to them as they all sat on the floor. No one wanted to get up yet. "What else?"

Marlene furrowed her eyebrows. "They did not want Pietro and Wanda. Not really. But they used them as volunteers once I was in the simulation. They would experiment on me—trying to take my blood to make more people like me. After they would have me scream for hours, I would be shocked in this chair... it would wipe everything..." she paused. "Holy shit. They used it on Bucky, too."

"Bucky?" Bruce asked.

Marlene tried to stand but fell back over. Tony grabbed her arm. "Hold on, Elsa. What else?"

"I can't remember much else. The simulation was to keep me sane while in my cell. It was to see what my powers would do. Pietro was the only one I didn't kill. They did not want to use Wanda, for some reason. Apparently, she was being saved for something else. Pietro helped me escape. He reminded me of what I could do," Marlene said.

"Great. More people to find. Okay, we will tackle one problem at a time. First, we get Thor. Next, we find that scepter. That stone is powerful," Tony said, finally standing. He helped Bruce up before grabbing Marlene and leading her to the couch. "Once we get the stone, we'll worry about Maximoffs and Quill. Okay?"

"Okay," Marlene whispered, thanking Bruce when he handed her painkillers.