Chapter 4: Preparation For Confrontation

Edward: I can't thank you enough for letting me stay with you.

Mitsuri: It's the least I could do for all you've done for me.

Currently, Mitsuri and Edward are spending some time together getting caught up.

Edward: Mitsuri, do you know when Final Selection is supposed to end?

Mitsuri takes a moment to think, "I think it will end in another 4 days, why?"

Edward: Sakonji's student, Tanjiro, was participating along with Genya and Kanao. I just wanted to know because I'm traveling with Tanjiro for the time being.

Mitsuri: Oh. Will you be meeting up with him again soon.

Edward: Possibly. I find it best for the students to go on their first mission alone so they know what they're capable of.

Mitsuri: How lovely, you always know what's best for your students.

Edward poses, "Why of course I do. It's what I pride myself on."

Mitsuri laughs at her past sensei's antics.

Edward: Anyways, I should start dinner. Anything you would like?

Mitsuri: Not particularly. I'll let you decide.

Edward: Alrighty then.

He makes his way into the kitchen and decides to make some Sakuramochi.

Once finished, Edward returns with the food and gives it to Mitsuri.

Mitsuri: Oh, my favorite! How did you know?

Edward: I pay attention to the small things.

Edward let's Mitsuri enjoy her food while he decides to take a look around her estate.

Edward pays attention to just how colorful she decided make it. The main colors though were a bright pink and green.

Edward: This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

As he continues to make his way around, he ends up bumping into a small man and knocking him over.

???: I'm sorry, I wasn't looking were I was going.

Edward: It's fine. Neither was I.

Edward helps the man up and dusts him off, "Sorry about that. My name's Edward, what's yours?"

Obanai: Iguro Obanai, the serpent pillar.

Edward: Ah, another Hashira. I take it your here to talk to Mitsuri?

Obanai: Yes, I wanted her opinion on something.

Edward: If you don't mind me asking, what did you want her opinion on?

Obanai visibly tenses up. Edward realises it must be something personal.

Edward: Ah, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. But does it have something to do with the mask?

Edward points to the mask that Obanai has covering his mouth. Obanai reacts in a way that is a dead give away to Edward.

Edward: I see. I could do my best to help.

Obanai: I really don't see how you could help. I just wanted to see if Mitsuri would look at me differently if she knew about this.

Edward: Well, even if I can't help, I can give some advice if I know what the problem is.

Obanai: *Sigh* Fine. Come on.

Obanai drags Edward to another room. Once they enter, Obanai takes off his mask, revealing forceful cuts on both sides of his mouth.