Chapter Forty: Coming Home

You and Eleanor were up early watching some TV and eating popcorn for breakfast. Eleanor’s phone went off. “Louis?” you asked. She nodded and smiled. “The boys are five minutes away!” she exclaimed. “Yes!” you said. You were so happy to see them again. It’s been kind of boring without those five idiots around. Not that you and Eleanor didn’t have fun or anything, but it’s ten times the fun when they’re around. Yet again, it was good to have some girl time. In five minutes, you heard people coming into the house. You and Eleanor jumped out of your skin ready to embrace the boys as they came home. Zayn was the one to open the door. He did it quite violent like. “Zayn!” you and Eleanor cheered. Zayn didn’t reply. He just stormed into your direction, “We need to talk.” he said grabbing your hand tightly and started making his way up the stairs. “Ow!” you complained. He was hurting you. You looked back to see Eleanor staring at you in confusion. You looked at the others who were stummbling in. “Zayn! Wait! Wait!” It was Niall. Niall came running in after you, grabbing your other hand and forcing you to turn aroud. “_____, wait I-” he tried saying. The other boys were all in the house now, watching you. Eleanor was stilll massively confused. Zayn got angry. “Don’t touch her!” he yelled at Niall as he let go of your hand and walked closer towards him, making him back away. You were terrified. And scared. What happened between him and Niall? Zayn looked like he was ready to kill him on the spot. Niall kept backing away, trying to avoid Zayn’s rant. “Don’t you dare touch her!” he continued screaming at him. Louis and Liam came to Zayn’s side and held him back before he could throw a punch at Niall. Harry held Niall back, protecting him. When Zayn felt Louis and Liam on him he got even more angry and attempted lunging at Niall. He kept on struggling and trying to attack Niall who look mortified. “I trusted you! I f****** trusted you!” Zayn screamed at Niall who was just starring at him in amazement. Zayn managed to calm himself down. Liam and Louis were still holding onto him and Harry onto Niall. You walked towards Zayn. Eleanor didn’t move. All she could do was watch. “Zayn stop! What’s happening?!” you yelled over all the commotion. Zayn broke away from Liam and Louis’ grip and stormed over to you. “Come on.” he said forcefully in your direction. He grabbed your hand and made his way up the stairs into his room. Liam, Louis, Harry and Niall were just standing there watching you go. Eleanor couldn’t speak. Zayn lead you into his room.

     “Ow! Zayn! Please, let go! You’re hurting me!” you yelped. Zayn let go of your hand and slammed the door shut. You were massively confused and quite scared. Just seeing Zayn like this made you want to cry. You sat on the bed. Zayn ran his fingers through his hair and paced the floor a little, breathing heavily trying to calm himself. After a few more moments he took a nice deep breath and lowered his voice. “_____, you and I need to have a serious talk.” he said calmly. You were nervous beyond belief. Zayn sat down next to you on the bed and took your hand in his. He sighed and let his head fall. “I’m so sorry…” he said. He looked up at you with red eyes. “What? Zayn what happened?” you asked. Zayn sniffled and moved a little closer towards you. “Last night…” he started. “At the club…” he said. “Niall… Niall, he-he was drunk okay?” he started telling you. “Oh no.” you thought to yourself. Your eyes widened. “He was chatting up a few girls. One of them ended up sitting on his lap okay?” he asked, wanting to make sure that you were following what he was saying. You swalled and nodded. “He-He-He and the girl went onto the dance floor together… They grinded.” Zayn said. Your heart shattered into a million pieces. “And… And-And then he-.. He…” Zayn just couldn’t finish the sentence. He couldn’t look you in the eye. He let his head drop again and started to sob. “He kissed her!” he said with all his strength. He was still sobbing. You didn’t know how to react to any of this. “And…” he tried continuing the story. You weren’t in tears yet. “And, he was just hooking up with her then and there… I overheard them speaking. The girl wanted him to come over to her house so they could have sex. Niall asked her if she wanted to ride him…” he managed to choke out. You started shaking. “If-If-If..” Zayn said. His head was still down. “If I hadn’t stopped him, they would’ve has sex that night.” he said. You still didn’t know how to react. You may have looked fine on the outside but was dying on the inside. You felt the tears come on. “I’m so sorry.” Zayn cried with his head still down and hands still in yours. “I’m so so sorry!” he pleaded. You made him look at you. “Zayn.” you said. He didn’t look up. “Zayn.” you said again. You look one hand out of his and lifted his chin, forcing you to look him in the eyes again. “What did you do?” you asked him slowly. He took a deep breath. “I-I-I pulled her off him and then…” he said. You were waiting. “I punched him.” he said. Your eyes got even wider. “You what?!” you repeated, not believing him. “I had to _____!” he yelled.

     “I had to! He was drunk as hell! The only way for me to actually get to that dumbass brain of his was to punch him to see if he could actually focus! And he didn’t! I was freaking forcibly carried out of the club that night because people thought I was going to kill him. And luckily they did because if they hadn’t Niall would’ve been in the hospital right now!” he screamed. You didn’t know what to do. You were still sitting on the bed unlike Zayn who was now standing there, out of breath. You just sat there. After a few seconds of just starring at eachother, you broke down. You started to cry. You buried your head in your hands, covering your face. You cried. Zayn looked at you. You felt his body come back on the bed. “Come here.” he said. his voice was lower. “Come, here love.” he said again. You knew he was laying down next to you. You felt his arms go around you, forcing you to lay down beside him. You continued to cry. Zayn pulled you the closest he possibly could towards you where there was no space between you two. He held you tightly and close to his body. “Shhhhh.” he whispered in your ear. He stroked the back of your head as you cried and sobbed into his shoulder. He didn’t stop holding you. He kissed your forehead repeatedy until you were calm. After a few minutes of crying your heart out you stopped. Once you did Zayn looked you in the eyes. His eyes were red, but n tears fell down from his face. He leaned in and kissed your cheek and your nose. “I’m so sorry baby.” he apologized. You didnt know why he was apologizing. Zayn took your hair and pushed it behind your ears to see your face. “I won’t ever again let him hurt you okay?” he asked. You nodded.

     You didn’t know what to think. You didn’t know if you should accept Niall’s apology if and when he did it or break up with him. You just didn’t know. After all, he was drunk. But he was stupid to get drunk and lose control over himself. “Listen to me.” Zayn whispered in your ear. He took both hands and cupped them aroud your face. You were still laying down next to him. “You are a beautiful, perfect and the most incredible girl I’ve ever met in my entire life. And I love you more than you could ever imagine. I will never ever leave you understand?” he asked. You nodded, his hands still on your face. He sighed, kissed your nose and hugged you once more. Another tear rolled down your face. You again, started to cry into Zayn’s sholder. You could feel by the way his body was moving that he was crying silently as well. Your mind was a blur. You cried yourself to sleep. Zayn did the same.