5.13 the courtroom

Y/N's pov ϟ

"I've been thinking about something Dumbledore said to me," Harry said as he jumped off the carriage. I linked my hand with his encouragingly as he gave me a small smile.

"What's that?" Hermione piped up as the four of us started walking down the trail.

"That even though we've got a fight ahead of us, we've got one thing that Voldemort doesn't have."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Something worth fighting for."

Harry squeezed my hand lovingly as we entered the train. The four of us opened an empty compartment before sitting down. 

"End of fifth year huh?" Ron said as he gave us a smile. 

"I am not ready for sixth year," Harry let out a small chuckle as he looked at me.

"Me neither," I laughed as the train started moving. "Hermione probably is."

"I've already started reading next year's material right after our O.W.Ls, I hope our scores come out well."

"Hermione, I can bet that you got Os on all of them," Ron began as he turned to look at her. 

"I can second that," I said as I smiled at Hermione. "You're probably taking like two hundred N.E.W.T classes next year."

"Not two hundred, but probably seven," Hermione started rambling about her studies as Harry placed his head on my shoulder. 

I smiled before leaning my head on his as I watched Ron attentively listen to Hermione, a small grin on his face as he watched her talk.

The train ride quickly went by as Harry slept on my shoulder while the three of us talked about our summers.

We soon arrived at King's Cross Station as Hermione and Ron started to leave while I woke Harry.

"Hey Harry?" I whispered as I shook his arm. "We're here."

Harry woke up with a start as he looked around in alarm. 

"Oh yeah," Harry said as he stood up, scratching the back of his neck. "Sorry, I didn't mean to fall sleep."

"It's okay, you were cute," I teased as I ruffled his hair with my hands. 

Harry gave me a small grin as we exited the train, grabbing our luggage before the four of us ran through Platform Nine and Three Quarters. 

"Are you sure you'll be alright this summer?" I questioned once I saw the Dudley's standing at the other end of the station. 

"I'll be okay," Harry began as he bent down to peck my cheek before pulling me into a hug.

"Don't do anything stupid or dangerous, okay?" I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I promise I won't," Harry said into my shoulder as I hugged him tightly. "I'll miss you."

"Mhm, I'll miss you more."

"Liar," Harry said as he pulled away, his face upturned in a small smile. 

"Bye, Harry, I'll see you soon." I reached up to peck his cheek before walking away, big smiles on both of our faces. 

"Love you."

"Love you more, Harry."

I laughed as Harry started waving goodbye with both of his arms while I walked away. I waved back as I turned the corner towards the exit of the station. 

I walked out to see my mother standing outside alone as she gave me a small smile.

"Hi Mum," I said brightly as she wrapped me in a big hug.