Chapter 17

The door was opened slightly, Savanah peeped through the slight crack and visibly relaxed seeing it was not the insane Romeo. Then the door was shut again and after removing all the locks and chains it was opened wide. And in came Elli with a frantic expression, while she looked around for Emma and the children Savanah was busy taking a surveying look outside to see if anyone was keeping a eye on them, especially that rascal Romeo.

"Elli! how come you are back now? You were going to stay there in new jersey for two more days, right ?" Emma who just came out of the guest bedroom asked surprised.

Elli had her hands on her hips looking quite intimidating. "You tell me Emma why I got to know about the fire incident just this morning and not last night?"

Sarah and Sammy lifted their tiny heads up for a little moment to have a curious look at Elli who accused like a broken bansi. Emma glared at savanah at the other side of the room suddenly too much busy with fresh batch of cookies in the oven.

Savanah caught Emma's eyes and shrugged nonchalantly. "Its just that ... Elli and I had a little phone conversation and I might have said something about you and Sarah getting stuck in a room where ..."

Not wanting to listen anymore what Savanah was still blabbering Emma moved away to the living room. Though there was no one in the kitchen anymore, Savanah was still very much engrossed in talking. Emma watched as Elli showered the kids with tight hugs and concerned kisses.

Emma sighed. "I didn't want to worry you Elli. I know how important this tour was to you."

Elli waved a hand and rolled her eyes. "But not more than you guys, I thought you knew that Emma!"

Emma couldn't help but smile with teary eyes. She thought about when six years back she had to leave everything familiar and settle into this bubble of her new life, she was fortunate to find these magnificent people. 

"And I already lost that client, so rest of the trip wasn't that much important huh. I am just glad that I got rid of that son of a ... ." Elli couldn't complete as a fluffy cushion squarely landed on her face, groaning she looked up to find Emma glaring at her.

"Don't curse! little ears are listening." Emma scolded.

Elli just laughed when Sammy innocently protested. "But my ears are not that little mommy."

Sarah was already feeling her ears with her tiny fingers while sporting a cute frown. She complained, " Mommy! My right ear bigger than left one ... ."

----------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

It was almost mid afternoon when Emma and Elli finally managed to clean up their house as much as they could from the remnants of last nights accidental disaster and moved the kids in. Only the guest room was not usable. The fire never really got to spread outside the room - thanks to the hunky firemen on their late rescue mission. 

Emma had already appointed workers to fix the messed up side of the house, it would be as fresh as new in a week or so. 

Slumping down on the couch Emma threw her head back on the backrest and closed her eyes. It was a really hectic day, added to that was the long - full of stress - sleepless night. 

Jonathon had been understanding when she described everything over the phone and took the day off. He even wanted to come here and check on her but somehow she managed to calm him down. 

The bell rang and Emma jumped up, she looked at the door with wide eyes. 

"Coming ..." Yelling Elli made a run for the door. Emma screamed in panic...