TWO

"Cassie!" Jenna's high-pitched voice called throughout the flat and I groaned, refusing to open my eyes as I pulled my blankets over my head. I must have fallen asleep while reading again. "Cassie! Someone's at the door for you!"

At that, my eyes fluttered open, and I cursed before turning on my phone to see what time it was. I widened my eyes and shot to my feet when I saw that it was mid-afternoon already. I'd never slept in that late.

I rushed out of my room and grabbed the black jacket from the chair, muttering a thank you to Jenna before meeting Vik and two of his friends at the door.

Jenna, being the flirtatious one, stood next to me, twirling her hair around her finger as she waited to see why they were here.

"So the mystery girl has a name," Vik chuckled and I blushed. "Nice to officially meet you, Cassie. Thanks for giving Tobi his jacket back."

Tobi smiled kindly from next to him and I nodded, yawning and trying my best to tame my hair. Simon was standing behind them, looking at his phone.

"Why don't you come in?" Jenna giggled and I rolled my eyes, not in the mood or the shape for company. But it was obvious they wouldn't be able to resist her charm so I pulled the door open.

"Sure, but we should get going soon," Vik said politely.

"Cassie, why don't you get them something to drink? I'm sure they're cold and would like some tea."

I cursed under my breath and walked away from the door, ignoring their eyes on me as I went into the kitchen. I looked like a mess.

As I poured them all tea, I brought it over and watched as Jenna made an attempt at flirting with Simon, who awkwardly glanced over at me as a cry for help.

I groaned. "Jenna, leave the poor guy alone."

She shot me a glare and I bit my tongue, knowing she'd be a pain in the ass if I told her what to do again. So instead, I looked at the three guys.

"You guys should go," I muttered. "It was nice meeting you."

Vik was the first to stand. "You too. Maybe you could come by sometime and meet the rest of us?"

I turned red and shoved my hands in my hoodie pocket. "Oh, uh, sure. Okay."

"I'm having a party tonight," Jenna blurted, making me scoff. Of course she'd invite them. "You should come. Cassie's going to be boring and go to the library, but it'll be much more fun without her here."

I blew out an exasperated breath and stormed over to the door, flinging it open and gesturing for the three to leave before Jenna embarrassed me anymore.

"That sounds nice, but we already have plans," Tobi stated. They all slowly made their way to the door and Jenna sighed.

"Maybe another time then," She smiled again and I put my head in my hands.

"Maybe we'll see you around?" Vik cleared his throat and turned to me.

I shrugged. "Maybe. Just text me if you decide you want me to meet your friends or whatever."

"When are you free?" Simon asked from next to him.

"She works all the time, she's hardly ever free," Jenna said from behind me.

I clenched my fists.

Well that's because someone decides they're too good to get a job. Is what I wanted to say.

"But, uh, I'm off this week. On vacation."

Vik nodded and smiled at me before following the others out of the room. "Well, see you later Cassie."