THREE

I once again walked into the library, but as I went over to my usual spot I noticed that someone was already sitting there. As I walked closer, I cursed, tucking my book back into my bag before storming over to him.

"You're in my spot," I crossed my arms and looked down at JJ, who smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Is this your spot? I had no idea," He didn't budge, and I tapped my foot impatiently. My routine was once again thrown off. He continued. "You know, I asked Vik about you. It's very interesting what he told me."

I glared at him. "Oh really?"

"Fridays. Mid afternoon to evening, this chair. You walk in, greet the lady up front, come back here and read for hours. Then you leave," He grinned at my annoyed expression. "You actually have a set routine. If that isn't uptight, I don't know what is."

He reclined back in the chair as he waited for my response, but I wasn't sure what to say. Was I really that obvious?

I cleared my throat and looked down at the floor. "So, what, you came here just to prove a point?"

"Yep," He chuckled and I clenched my fists.

"Well, you're wrong. I can be spontaneous if I want to."

He raised an eyebrow and stood to his feet, smirking. "Now this I have to see."

My eyes immediately went to the chair, and I itched to sit down in it and pull out my book. He was watching me, so I used all of my strength to stay standing.

"Where are the others?" I asked, bringing my eyes away from the chair to look up at him.

"It's just me today."

I looked down at my phone to see a text from Vik, so I raised an eyebrow. I saw an expectant look in JJ's face and smirked at him. I was going to prove him wrong.

I dialed Vik's number and held the phone up to my ear, not breaking eye contact with JJ as he answered.

"Hey Cassie, what's up?"

"Oh, nothing. I just was wondering if you wanted to hang out today," JJ didn't bat an eyelash as I said it. "Jenna has her friends over so I'd prefer it to be at your place."

"Of course!" He cheered, obviously surprised that I'd asked him. "Most of the guys are over at my place now, actually, except for JJ. He was going to stop by but he had to take care of something first."

"Did he?" I grinned at JJ. "Well, no worries. I have a ride, so I'll be there in a bit."

JJ glared at me, and I mentally cheered.

"Okay. See ya."

"Bye."

When I hung up, JJ scoffed. "You really expect me to take you?"

"Well, this was your idea. If you're really concerned about me having my nose stuck in a book, then you'll take me."

"I literally couldn't give less of a shit."

"Then why would you come here?"

He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it when he couldn't find what to say. I grinned and grabbed his arm, dragging him out of the library and letting him lead me to his car. I widened my eyes when I saw it, though. It was much different from any of the other cars in the parking lot.

"You...you own...a Lamborghini?"

He smirked. "What, you never read about these in your books?"