PAMPER

S T E V I E  P O V

We had a full day yesterday of non-stop shopping, and today we are off to the spa for a pamper before we return home. 

I've enjoyed myself immensely, but also had a few mishaps that were totally out of my control. 

Dominic's mother laughed, telling me not to be embarrassed and not to worry about what other people assume.  

But I do worry, hoping the paparazzi don't get a photo of me embarrassing myself and others.

Could you imagine the nightmare they would stir up if they witnessed a mishap? I really dread to think what the headline would be? 

Ready to leave for the spa with Grace, who is very persistent, for me to call her mum, so now I call her mum.

Gaze out the window of the car as we head to the spa, but I'm lost in thought about Mylean just showing up like she did at Dominic's office. "Stevie, is there something bothering you?" Mum asks, bringing me out of my thoughts.

Smile as I glimpsed at my clasped fingers before gazing at her. "The phone call from Dominic last night got me on edge," I said. She tilts her body, takes my hand. "Did you two have choice words?" She asked, which made me smirk as I shook my head, "No, nothing like that. It's Mylean." She takes a deep breath with what I said.

Stared at my trembling hands, "She just turned up at his office and again at the penthouse. Dominic warned me to be vigilant, but I'm concerned for him," I said, trying to hold back tears. "Stevie," Her soft voice makes me glance at her. "She's jealous, and to be honest, I've never liked her nor did Dom, but we tolerated her for our son," She pauses.

Mum pushes a lock of hair from my face, cups my cheeks in a motherly way, "You are a beautiful woman and you make my son shine with happiness. I watch the way he looks at you and his eyes glow with love. Stevie, I know you are confused about how fast your life is spiralling out of control. Just be yourself and fuck what other people think or say. After all, they are only jealous." She smiles slowly, takes her hands from my cheek and hugs me. 

My body soothed from her motherly hug, and filled with so much love for her and the family. A love I've never felt before, not even from my parents.

Smirked got my mobile out to ring Dominic, "Dominic, let me speak, I need to tell you something." He laughs, "I'm listening," He said in his rasped voice. "Dominic, I love you," I tell him, and end the call, not giving him time to answer. Just wanted him to hear me say it, rather than writing it in a text, and the way my heart filled solely for him. His mother laughs. "Now that's priceless," She said, and we laughed. 

The mobile buzzed with a text message from Dominic, "Stevie, my heart is racing with your four words and to think you hung up on me. Not giving me a chance to respond, I love you, babe," Showed his mum the text, and she smiles. "I will see you when I return home. Love you, babe," Smiling from ear to ear at how I was filled with hope and so much love. 

I'm gushing, wanting to tell everyone and to observe Dominic's handsome face when I say I love you. 

The car arrived at the spa where we are met by the paparazzi wanting to get a photo. The bodyguards shield us until we are safely inside and being pampered. 

**********

I'm laid on the bed in the next room to mum having a Brazilian wax, and my eyes open wide, then the loudest scream comes from my lips. All I could hear is mum laughing.

I was not laughing, but in pain from the ripping off the wax from my skin. "My god, that fucking hurt," I screamed, and again they rip and I shriek. "Stevie, try to relax," Mum said, shouting from the next room, "Relax when I have a woman ripping me a new hole," She laughed, and so did the girls who are pampering us.