𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲

"I missed you, Boba,"

~~~

Din looks between the two in utter shock. She smiles fondly at him and he grins down at her.

"I thought you died, princess," He settles her down and uses a finger to stroke her cheek.

"I thought you died!" She quips, placing a hand on his warm cheek.

"Kenna...would you like to explain?" Din asks, his grip on his blaster tighter than usual.

"How rude of me. This is Boba Fett," Din narrows his eyes and looks past Kenna and at 'Boba'.

"Are you Mandalorian?" He asks with a rough voice. Boba looks up from Kenna and steps aside to face Din.

"I'm a simple man making his way through the galaxy. Like my father before me," Kenna looks between the two men, sensing the rising tension.

"Did you take the Creed?" Din presses earning a glare from both Kenna and Boba.

"I give my allegiance to no one,"

"The Beskar belongs to the Mandalorians," He takes a step forward. "It was looted from us during the Purge,"

"The armour was my father's," Boba quips back, also taking a step forward. "Now it's mine," Din tilts his head.

"What's to stop me from dropping you where you stand now?" He responds cooly.

"Mando!" Kenna hisses, walking to his side. "Don't kill him! He's my friend!" He pushes past her.

"If Kenna isn't enough, I have a sharpshooter up on that ridge with a locked scope that will unload by the time my body hits the ground,"

"I'm the one wearing Beskar," Kenna looks up at the ridge and sees a shadow not pointing a gun at them but at Grogu. "As soon as I see that muzzle flash, you're both dead,"

"I didn't mean she was going to shoot you,"

"The kid," Kenna whispers to him. Boba smirks at Din's realisation.

"My friend's locked onto that little companion of yours up on the henge,"

"And if you remember, I don't miss," Din looks from where Grogu is to the ridge.

"Fennec?" Both Din and Kenna say in shock.

"You both have a keen ear," She quips back. Din looks between Boba and Fennec.

"You point that gun away from the kid," Din says, his blaster not lowering from Boba. "Or we'll drop you both where you stand," He activates his whistling arrows, causing Kenna to hit him.

"Would you stop being overdramatic!?" She hisses.

"They're gonna kill our kid!"

"Why don't we all put our weapons down and have a chat," Kenna places her lightsaber on the floor, raising hands. "There's no need for bloodshed," She says calmly. Din looks at Kenna and then Boba.

"Tell her to drop the gun," He growls, his fist clenching at his side.

"After you put down your jetpack,"

"Oh my maker," Kenna sighs before using the force to gather all the weapons and Din's jetpack in a pile in the middle of them.

"What the-" Fennec begins, looking down at her empty hands.

"Stand down," Boba says to her as she begins to make her way down the hill and next to him. Kenna and Din stare in shock as Fennec Shand, the woman who was supposed to be a rotting corpse in the dunes of Tatooine, stands next to Boba Fett. Another person who's supposed to be a rotting corpse in the dunes of Tatooine.