it's not so bad?

As I get sucked into the light I start to recall some of my memories.

Firstly - I'm probably dead and this is my reincarnation.... but this all seems so far fetched.
Secondly - what were those odd letters and voices which I heard... something about skills and demons?

As my trail of uncertain thoughts continues I can see something in front of me... it's a faint light and there seems to be something projecting on it "is that some kind of projector?" I speak

《 Affirmative 》

"AHH!!" I yell in surprise as the voice and the letters appear once again. I wait for it to speak again.....but it doesn't.

After I  managed to calm down somewhat I decided to try and talk to it again. "Um.... hello?" I ask uncertainty lacing my words. And what do you know It doesn't answer... "that went well..." I mutter suddenly the projector flickers to life.

A boy is displayed on the screen by the looks of it he looks about 15 years old not much younger than me. But the thing separating him and a normal 15-yo are the blood-red horns poking out of his forehead (and he looks ghostly pale) it also seems that he is in great pain as his eyes are shut tightly and sweat forming on his face. "What is this?" I ask.

《 Answer. The creature is an ogre from the oni tribe.

Huh, it spoke again.... oh! It seems to answer only questions directed at it. I clear my throat and ask it a question.
"Uh.. what is happening to that kid.?"

《 Answer. The creature is possessed by an S rank demon spirit. The spirit is draining the creature's life force and it will die approximately within 27 hours, 16 minutes and 3 seconds.

"Hmmmm.... so why am I watching a kid die?" I ask.

《 Answer. That's your body 》

"Wait what?"

《 Initiation memory transfer protocol. Please DO NOT RESIST 》

"Wait hold on a second! What do you mean by-ugh!!

Before I can question it further ink-black tentacles grab my body and lift me up. As I'm ascending panic swells in my heart and I try to wriggle out of the bonds. But the more I move the tighter the grip gets. I winch in pain and decide to obey the voice (for now). After a while, I look down at the screen and see the same tentacles wrapping around the boy but he is probably in a deep sleep as he does not notice anything.
"How can someone not notice that!?"

《 Memory transfer protocol. Initiating. 》

The tentacles start to glow a deep shade of red and then.... "AGGAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"
Agonizing pain shoots through my whole body like electricity. there is so much pain it feels like my head is about to explode!.

The boy on the screen is screaming as well.
" Wait what is this?! Ugh! Stop this  AGHAAAAAA! It hurts!!"
The boy screaming on top of his voice. As I'm screaming I start to see visions of people, people which look exactly like the boy. After a long time, I finally grasp what these visions mean...they are memories...
I'm experiencing the boy's memories. I feel his pain.. his happiness.. his sorrow... and an emotion stronger than the rest... GUILT...

A/N

....I'll go get myself a croissant...