˗ˋ 83

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

╭ ╮
━━━  " 📂 " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

! chapter eighty-three ─── ʚĭɞ

╰ ╯

╰                                                               ╯

"Alright! It's time for Korean History." The teacher entered the room and those who weren't already seated scrambled to get to their desks, taking out their stationary and books. "Okay, please take your seats." He said, to the few late comers, and began the lesson.

Nearing the end, Miyeon had her head balanced on her palm, elbow on the table as she fought herself, trying to convince herself to pay attention and to stop doodling on the top corner of of her paper.

"Japanese Invasion of Korea in 1592. How can one memorise the year?" The teacher asked, proceeding to explain exactly how, Miyeon's mind sifting from concentration to a daydream within moments. "Wouldn't that be a clever way?" The man had made his voice louder as he finished his explanation and Miyeon sat up straighter, pushing her head out of her hands and leaning to the side, so she could see past the girl in front of her and make notes on what the professor had just written down.

"The politics of the early Joseon Dynasty... Is Sooa currently learning the science behind sleep?" The teacher interrupted himself, noticing Sooa slumped over her desk. "She's completely out of it." He shook his head.

"How cute." Taehoon commentedm peering over his girlfriend and Miyeon grasping her pen particularily hard, trying not to throw it in the boy's direction. She had no idea how the rest of the class could put up with it - she had cringed far too many times since arriving back, and considering they had been together for almost a hundred days when she did come back.. well Miyeon was rather glad she hadn't seen it.

The rest of the lesson passed in a couple of minutes, and Miyeon felt more awake then she had during the entire lesson as she waited for them to be dismissed. "Make sure to revise what I pointed out as important!" The teacher instructed them. "I'll see you in our next class."

People were already out of their seats and heading for the doors, Miyeon carefully packing the things she needed to put away in her bag, before slumping on the desk.

"I wouldn't expect one of our top students to pay so little attention in class." Miyeon groaned at the taunting voice in her ear, eyes closed as she switched from leaning on her left arm to her right, turning her back on Seojun. "Hey - are you not getting much sleep? How long until you move into your apartment and get a proper bed?"

His voice followed her, and when Miyeon opened her eyes, she saw him leaning over her, smirking. "Later. Maybe next week. I don't know. I have to sign a contract and actually get it sorted - but my dad said he would do that.. I don't know." She sighed. "It's all a bit undecided but also decided, if that makes sense."

"Perfect sense." Seojun nodded, although he was shaking his head at her words. "So you're not sleeping well because you're worrying and if-"

"Hm?" Miyeon cut him off by suddenly sitting up, her eyes having drifted from her friend's face to behind him. Jugyeong was leaned over Hyunkyu, holding his phone and pressing his thumb to the screen to unlock it.

Hyunkyu had been asleep, but woke up after the Im girl did that. Miyeon watched, eyes wide as Hyunkyu asked her about it, Seojun following her eyeline and straightening up with a sigh, walking behind the desk on the other side of the Hwang girl and plucking the phone out of Jugyeong's hands.

"What's this about?" He asked, looking down at the phone and pausing, Jugyeong taking the chance and snatching the phone back off of him.

"It's nothing!" She insisted, hurriedly tapping the screen and then placing the phone down on the desk. "Sorry about that." Jugyeong tapped Hyunkyu on the back awkwardly, wincing as she made her way past Miyeon, who eyes widened questioningly as she passed, only to recieve a shrug.

"What's with her today?" Hyunkyu asked, but his questioned went unanswered. Above him, Seojun glared over at Suho, before turning and going back to his desk, looking as if he wanted to punch someone.

"She sent a photo of her with that idiot to Hyunkyu by accident." He glared as Miyeon watched him, the girl acting as if she wasn't about to ask and feigning innocence, sitting back in her chair as she sat back.

"I'm guessing it was Lee Suho that she was hiding when Hyunkyu saw her at the mall." Miyeon shrugged. "Seems like they went on a date."

"Don't rub it in Miyeon. It's bad enough you being in the middle of all as it is. Friends with me, friends with the both of them." Seojun sighed before standing up again. "This couldn't get anymore complicated."

Miyeon stared blankly at him for a moment before nodding. "It really couldn't." She said quietly, watching as Seojun left the room.

But it could. It could get more complicated.

 It could get more complicated