chap. 26

It has been two weeks since (y/n) started working at the pharmacy.

Baizhu didn't show any sign of getting better; he spent most of his time in bed, not being able to move without feeling a little dizzy. Occasionally Qiqi would pay him a visit and help his body to cool down with her cryo vision.

The male was grateful to have someone to help at the pharmacy due to his absence. He let out a relaxed sigh and patted Qiqi's head after she treated him. A drop of sweat ran down his forehead, as he closed his eyes.

"Thank you, Qiqi". The smaller girl stared at him and slowly nodded in response, before leaving the room.

Herbalist Gui smiled, as he proudly glanced at the finished work papers in front of him. Wind blew through the entrance of the pharmacy, causing the curtains inside to fly around.

"Finally done!", he happily put the sorted papers into a shelf nearby, glad that he finished his work for today. It was noon and the majority of the people in Liyue Harbor were still working.

"See you tomorrow", the male peeked at (y/n), who was still preparing the medicine that was going to be picked up tomorrow. Her lips tugged into a small smile as she said goodbye to her colleague.

She slowly drifted away, replaying everything that had happened in the past few weeks as she worked. The female neatly put the prepared medicine into a small box, placing it next to the other boxes right after.

Zhongli showed up a few days ago, asking (y/n) how long she was planning on staying in Liyue Harbor.

She shrugged her shoulders, hesitating as she answered. "Until Baizhu is ready to work again"

The sound of someone clearing their throat pulled her out of her thoughts. She turned her attention to the entrance, tilting her head as soon as she recognized the familiar figure.

Childe leaned against the entrance, his orange hair flowing in the wind, and slightly smiled at the sight of the female. He had a small cut on his cheek and gently held his left wrist in his right hand.

Before (y/n) could ask, he let out a short sigh before speaking up. "I had a fight with Aether". Childe suddenly growled, the grip on his wirst tightening. "And sprained my ankle"

(y/n) lightly coughed, as she looked at his injured wrist. "Childe, you should go see a doctor, not seek help at a pharmacy"

An irk mark appeared on his forehead, as he quickly looked around, trying to find something or someone.

"I heard that the cocogoat girl can heal injuries, which is why i came here. I need to train new recruits tomorrow morning.. I can't fight like this ", he said desperately, referring to Qiqi and glanced at his sprained ankle with a firm look on his face.

"She is outside, collecting mistflowers at the moment", (y/n) informed the Gingerhead, causing him to quietly groan in frustration. She paused for a moment, before silently pulling out bandages from a shelf nearby.

His blue eyes closely observed the female, as she wrapped them around his wrist; a smile laying on his face as he felt her warm touch on his skin.

"This should do until Qiqi comes back", she backed away with a gentle smile and looked at the bandages that were covering his swollen injury.

He carefully touched his wrist with his other hand, slightly relieved as he felt that the pain eased a little. "Thanks, (y/n)"

She passed him a quick nod, hesitating as she remembered something while Childe quietly hummed, his gaze still fixed on the bandages.

The female squinted her eyes and clicked her tongue. "I just remembered that Herbalist Gui asked me to get violet grass".

The Harbinger immediately grinned to himself, glad that he could help with something instead of just sitting around. "I'll help you". He paused for a moment, as he looked at his wound. 'Flower picking should be fine'

(y/n) shrugged her shoulders, knowing that she wouldn't be able to change his thoughts anyway.

She gently put the last medicine boxes to the others, before passing the Ginger a small
smile.

"Let's go then"