Chapter Thirty-Three

"Are you sure she woke up?" A voice drifted throughout the room, bringing you into a semi-aware state. There were others here. More than just Loki, who was still holding your hand. Quietly, you squeeze his hand slightly, asking for reassurance. You could feel the tickle of his magic between your fingers, one of his favorite little tricks to do. Just like always, it sent little shivers up your spine- but always in your favorite way.

Everything was ok. You start peeking your eyes open, trying to have them adjust to the bright light.

"Jarvis, dim the lights." The same voice as earlier calls out, as you finally place it. It was Tony. Your eyes finally adjust, as you glance around the room at everyone. They were all here. A light smile graces your features, as you're relieved to see all the familiar faces. Your family's faces.

Bruce brought over a glass of water, as Loki helped you sit up. Water has never tasted so good before.

"How are you feeling?" Nat asked. You didn't actually know. You felt mostly fine, although a bit tired. And stiff. Very, very stiff.

"The worst thing is a slight headache. Otherwise I'm just tired and kinda stiff. How long was I out for?"

"Tomorrow would have marked two months."

Two months.

Two whole months asleep, while everyone around you panicked. Well, probably not panicked. Worried, you assumed, but you weren't going to push that they were panicked just yet. Besides, didn't you die?

"Did... I just... what happened?" You finally ask the question that had been killing you. You just remember pain. Maybe a loud noise, and... Loki's eyes.

"We thought you died." You hold in a laugh, since technically you did die enough to meet Hela. "If Loki wasn't there..." Steve trailed off, effectively getting his message across.

"But we're all here now. That's what matters." You intervene, reminding everyone of your presence. "Is Kevin..."

"Your boyfriend blew up his brain. He's never coming back." Clint said, and you blush at his joking with the titles. No, you weren't officially Loki's girlfriend, and yet... You wouldn't exactly refuse it.

And had you been paying attention to Loki, you could probably see the same blush across his own cheeks.

"How about some breakfast?" Nat miraculously saved you, ushering the boys out of the room to 'help make breakfast'. She probably was just trying to give you some alone time with your prince to talk everything over. And-

Oh. Well look at that. You really did think of Loki as 'your prince'.

"How much are you willing to bet they're eavesdropping outside?" You glance between Loki and the door, glaring extra at what lay beyond the door frame.

"I have no doubt." He chuckled, before catching your gaze. It was as if he was searching your face for something and just couldn't figure it out.

"What's wrong?" You ask, knowing he would be honest with you. For the god of lies he could really be honest when he wanted to.

"I have missed you so much." You blush, which only seemed to encourage him more. Loki moved to your side, continuing to hold your hand in his. "I missed your smile, your eyes. I missed the way you light up when you talk about your favorite things, or the way you laugh at your own jokes. I even missed that look you use when you know I have gone too far." He looked up at you during the last sentence, smiling when you gave him that exact lovingly-exasperated look he was missing. "I never knew how much I could miss you until you were gone. I'm so sorry I ever let those monsters touch you. I-"

You shut him up by pushing your lips onto his. You've missed him too. The kiss was sweet, as he melted against you. Once he finally regained his bearings, he kissed back, never too hard but always exactly what you needed.

You pull away, needing air in your dire state. A smile was etched onto both of your faces, and you gazed up at him. Into his two eyes that you dreamed of, and now could finally see again.

"I missed you too."

He smiled, really smiled as the two of you fell into another kiss, this one just as gentle yet ten times better than the last. His tongue left you dazed, as the two of you finally pulled away. You move to the side of your bed, welcoming him to cuddle. Maybe it was the kiss, or the fact you've barely been awake for five minutes, but you wanted much more contact than holding hands. You wanted him to hold you, and little did you know it was exactly what he needed as well. He needed you safe in his arms, to protect you from everything that may come.

You were his; and he was yours.

Loki moved next to you, as you leaned against him. One hand held his, the other playing with your hair. Your breathing slowed, as you enjoyed his presence. It's exactly what you needed.

You just needed him. And Loki just needed you.

Your safety was in each other, and it felt like you were whole again.

Maybe your connection extended past just your shared magic.

Nonetheless, nothing was done to prevent you falling asleep, nor did anything prevent Loki from following.

It seems you had fallen asleep knowingly sharing a bed.

How fortunate.

(A/N: Yes, I know it's a short chapter. But I have a bunch of these one-shots that would be perfect so... lots of short chapters until the plot gets going again. Also, I was crying while writing the last two chapters. For anyone wondering if authors cry at their own scenes, yes. Yes we do. At least I do. Anyway-

I know this post took awhile to get up, I've been working on some of my other works. Wildly Blind to be specific. I sorry to say that posts for this book might be slow for awhile, again because I'm working on my other 'novels'. Or it might not. If that happens, thank future me who decided to get back to writing this! I'm aiming to update every 4-5 days or so, but I might manage more/faster updates during some chapters.

Thanks so, so much for reading! This is almost at 10k views, 300 votes! Seriously! It's amazing! XD)