94

"Lina! Your back!" Rienne waved in a lively manner. She seemed to be in a good mood, quite different to how Angelina was feeling.

An elegant smile spread across Angelina's face. She glanced at Arianna who was behaving normally and her smile dimmed.

Arianna didn't even know that this new mother of her's, who she trusted and cared for, was actually disgusted and repulsed by her.

Angelina was shocked the new Marchioness was able to speak of the incident of the previous Marchioness Chandler's suicide so casually.

Although the incident happened when she was young, she still knew about it.

The previous Marchioness Chandler was Arianna and her brother's mother. The late Marchioness committed suicide only 5 years after she wed the marquess.

It is said that although marquess Chandler treated her well, the Marchioness despised him and couldn't stand being his wife. It was not a hidden fact that the Chandler couple treated each other more like guests at their home, then husband and wife.

Eventually the Marchioness couldn't take it anymore and committed suicide. The details were not released.

Arianna was only 2 years old when it happened. Her brother was 4.

"...?" Arianna noticed Angelina's gaze that was directed at her and tilted her head, as if to ask, 'is something the matter?'

Angelina smiled once more and shook her head. ' It truly is hard to find kindhearted people in this world.'

Before she discovered Marchioness Chandler's true colors, she thought the Marchioness was a sincere stepmother. But that does not seem to be the case.

*************
That night, Angelina stared out from her bedroom's balcony, in a daze.

The night was cold and silent. Not a sound could be heard. She leaned against the balcony's railings, and suddenly heard a quiet whisper.

She looked down and saw a figure in the dark. She was spooked but kept quiet.

The figure below her was shrouded in the night's darkness, but the pair of sapphire eyes glowed and she was able to reconized the man immediately.

"Y-your majesty!?" Angelina was dumbfounded. What was he doing here!? And how did he get in the Skyler family's mansion!? Was their security that bad!?

In a blink of an eye, the man jumped and landed on the balcony. He extended his index finger up to cover his mouth and whispered, "shh..."

"......" Angelina could only stare with a stupefied expression as she has yet to recover from the shock.

"Sorry. Did I frighten you, Lily? Don't be scared. It's just me." Charles said. He was so close to her face, she could even feel his breath.

"Y-you...how did you..." Angelina couldn't help but back away a few steps.

"I came here to see you." Charles avoided her question. He didn't want to admit to knocking out a few guards to come here.

"Visiting a lady in the middle of the night is not proper!" Angelina scolded.

"But me and Lily used to sleep in the same room when we were children." Charles smiled. He didn't seem to feel as nervous as the young women in front of him.

"Well that was..." Angelina rubbed her forehead while shaking her head, and sighing in defeat.

"Lily...you still haven't visited me.." Charles put on an aggrieved expression. Seeming to try to attract her pity.