Chapter 10

Snow whirls against the icy windows as the snowflakes flutter in the wind; Christmas is impending swiftly. The usual twelve Christmas trees are sprawled across the Great Hall; garlands of tinsel and holly are braided around the railings of the stairs, mistletoes hanging in a few of the corridors.

While some of the students were attempting to trap their crushes, Harry, on the the other hand had an issue with every girl converging underneath the mistletoes, waiting silently for him to pass by. Most of these girls did whatever they could to get close to him, for these possible two reasons: because he's the 'Chosen One' or because they were hoping that he would invite one of them to Slughorn's Christmas Party.

Hermione told me that when she went to the bathroom, she overheard a dozen of girls, including Romilda Vane, trying to decide how to slip Harry a love potion. Apparently, they all bought it from Fred and George, disguising them as perfumes to make sure that Filch wouldn't expose them, as it was supposedly banned.

At least I never had to deal with any aroused boys because I know for sure, that no one has ever looked in my direction. Maybe it's because I'm a Slytherin: The Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and even Gryffindors could be scared of me, while the Slytherins simply hate me. Guess I'm not anyone's type.

I had high hopes with Draco, ever since that night, but of course, he ignores me again and pretends that none of it happened. Like it was an innocent, drunken dream.

I hate all of this. The constant on and off feelings towards him. One second, he appears to be interested in me and the next, he's back to his bored, aloof self.

I've tried to catch him alone in the corridors, the common room, anywhere where I saw him, yet he only responds with a "Leave me alone, Angitia".

I don't know if I've given up or not; it's impossible to tell now.

---

"Come on, Angitia, let me do your hair and then you can put on that dress of yours", Ginny says as she pulls me to a chair, and begins to curl my hair with her wand.

Hermione, Ginny, and Luna invited me to get ready with them in the Gryffindor dorms, urging me to look my best for the Christmas party.

Allegedly, Luna is a guest of Harry, as he didn't want to encourage anyone else into a relationship, when it was obvious that he had a thing for Ginny. I wouldn't tell her, though, because it's none of my business and I would like it if they'd work it out by themselves.

"Ooh, I love your dress. It's quite beautiful and elegant, like a magical unicorn. The vibrant green really brings out your blue eyes", Luna says with her romantic voice, grazing the silky, emerald gown draped across a bed.

"Thank you. You know, it bloody sucks that I don't have a date, but at least the rest of you do. Right, Hermione?"

"Umm, yeah...", she responds, remembering that she invited Cormac McLaggen, the boy who she can barely stand to be around.

Ginny finishes off my hair and hands me a mirror. "Ta-da, and you're done!"

"Wow, thank you so much, I look...different, but in a good way."

I slip into the rich green dress, making sure not to ruin my hair or makeup, or shall I say 'Ginny's masterpiece'. Silver, snake rings are scattered over my fingers, nails painted black, and a vivid green necklace to top it off. I glide my feet into my luxurious silver stilettos with heels resembling snakes, tiny gems on its eyes; I was ready.

---

At exactly eight o'clock, we arrive at the entrance hall: the beams and windows are lined with emerald, ruby and golden decorations, so it looked like an enormous dome. The atmosphere was hot and stuffy, drenched in the red light emitted by an opulent golden chandelier that suspends from the middle of the ceiling, each with a dazzling glimmer of light.