Chapter 38

"Don't say that you look ugly because you're not. You're beautiful"he stated. Before you can even reply, he walked away already. His compliment made you smile but you know to yourself that you probably look like an ugly duckling right now.

You were thankful that he was there. It helped you calm down and it gave you comfort that you didn't know you needed.

You placed the box of strawberries on the table. Now that you're alone, you can't help but think about what happened earlier. You checked yourself through the front camera on your phone. You looked like a disaster. You were getting worried about Beomgyu. What if your mom will lash out on him? What if he's the one who'll be punished because of the things you have said earlier? What if he will really not talk to you anymore?

You're lost in your thoughts while trying to get a glass of water which made you accidentally drop the glass. It landed on the floor and shattered into pieces. You sighed and kneeled to pick up the broken pieces. You picked them up one by one and threw it on the bin nearby. You accidentally cut yourself on your palm while picking up a piece. You hissed in pain and stood up. Blood started coming out from the cut.

"You're so dumb, Y/n"you mumbled to yourself.

You immediately went to your bathroom and washed the wound thoroughly with soap and water. You bit your bottom lip, enduring the stinging pain. Good thing you have a first aid kit on the cabinet of your bathroom. You took an ointment and dabbed it lightly on the wound. You also took a bandage and wrapped it around your palm. You were struggling doing it but you eventually succeeded.

You went back downstairs and sweeped the broken pieces. After you were done, you tried calling Beomgyu but he wasn't answering.

Mom probably scared him or something.

You washed your face with water using your other hand so that your face will look better. You don't want Jin to see you like this. You also combed your hair.

Soon, you heard the front door open. You checked it and he's now home. He removed his shoes and placed them on the shoe rack.

"Hi Y/n, I'm sorry if I was out too long. I met Yoongi on the way. He told me to have dinner tomorrow with them along with Taehyung, Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok"he said.

"Boys night huh"you chuckled.

"Yeah. Do you wanna come along?"he asked. You shook your head.

"It's alright"you assured. You were hiding your other hand behind your back so that he wouldn't see the bandage. He sat on the couch and turned on the TV. You quickly ran upstairs to wear a sweater to hide your hand. He didn't know why you suddenly ran but he just shrugged it off.

You put on a sweater and rolled the sleeves down, almost covering your entire hand. You went back downstairs and sat on the couch beside him.

"What do you wanna watch?"he asked.

"Anything would be fine"you replied. He nodded and kept changing the channel. He seemed to not know what to watch either. He stood up and looked at your DVDs. Jimin once brought a lot of them and he left some on your house. He picked one and inserted them on the dvd player.

"What movie is that?"you asked.

"It's a cartoon, the cover looks cute so I chose it. The title is Sausage Party. Jimin also recommended this before"he replied.

"That sounds fun"
You were relieved that he didn't notice your hand and your not so swollen eyes anymore. He crossed his arms, manspreading.

The movie started and you thought that the animation looked cute. You took a glance at Jin and he seemed to be not enjoying it. You couldn't tell his exact expressions but he looks quite annoyed or something. He looked so serious, furrowing his eyebrows.

Still looks hot though.

You shifted your position by lifting your one foot on the couch but when you did that, your knee accidentally hit your wound on the palm of your hand. You felt the pain and you tried so hard not to groan. You covered it up by coughing. He sighed deeply before grabbing the remote to pause the movie.

You looked at him with a confused face. He suddenly grab your hand that has a wound, bringing it close to him which made you gasp. He rolled up your sleeve and saw the bandage. You became nervous not knowing what to say.

"I can explain"you spoke. He suddenly removed the bandage and threw it on the floor.

"W-what are you doing?"you stuttered, panicking. He didn't respond. He pressed the wound with his thumb which made you groan.

You wanted to pull your hand away but what he did next made your eyes widen. He brought your hand closer to his face and he abruptly shed a tear. His tear dropped on your wound then it became extremely painful. After a few seconds, you didn't feel the pain anymore. You removed your hand from his grip and looked at your palm closely.

The wound vanished.

"You can heal"you mumbled.

"H-how did you know I had a wound?"you stuttered.

"I have quick eyes, Y/n. You were hiding that from me"he said and caressed your hand.

"I'm sorry I did that without your permission. I just got worried and the fact that you weren't telling me made me worried even more"he said with an apologetic face.

"You don't have to be sorry"you assured.

"Are you hurt somewhere else?"he asked. You pointed at your heart.

"Hmmm I don't know how to heal that. Can a hug work?"he asked, placing his finger under his chin.

"I think I need that"you said and threw yourself at him. He got surprised but he hugged you back.

"Thanks a lot, Jin"you mumbled on his chest.

"Anything for you"he stated, patting your head.

"That was amazing by the way. Can all mermans and mermaids heal?"you asked. He nodded which made your jaw drop.

"We have many powers that you don't know about"he said, chuckling.

Having nice reflexes must be one of it.

"I'd like to see them one day"you anticipated.

"It's better if you don't"he smiled. You pouted but just nodded anyway.

Your eyes were getting heavy probably due to the amount of tears that you let out today. You were getting sleepy. You covered your mouth as you yawned.

"I think I should go sleep now"you spoke as you stood up.

"Are you really okay now?"he asked.

"To be honest, not really but I will be"

A/n:
Hi everyone! The Bangbangcon was so much fun. Did you watch it? It brings back a lot of feels. I miss them even more :((
Anyways, let me know your thoughts and stay tune for the next chapters. Don't forget to vote!
Stay safe and love you all❤️❤️❤️