Chapter 58

Chapter 58:

After this, Shang Jin’s interest flagged, and even rode the rollercoaster without expression.

“What happened to you?”

Shang Jin shook his head and couldn’t say whether he was frustrated or happy. If you said that he lost in character to someone else, then fine, but to lose in appearance, how could he be reconciled. But in turn, this also meant that Ye Zhou was attracted to his character.

Ye Zhou took out the lunch box from his bag and said, “I picked the strawberries in the two pots and washed them this morning. Eat them?”

Shang Jin looked at the lunch box and suddenly released his tension. “Your aesthetic is really unique.”

A blonde princess was affixed to the transparent lid and strawberry stickers framed her. This style didn’t match with a grown man.

“You’re so annoying!” Ye Zhou shoved the box into his hands and explained, “I thought Youyou would come so I specially bought these stickers.”

Speaking of Youyou, Shang Jin was a little worried. He walked over to a bench and sat down, saying, “We’ll pick up Youyou early in the afternoon.” Usually her little mouth couldn’t stop talking, but she was very quiet in the car today. Sometimes, this kind of quiet child was more worrisome than a noisy one.

“Sure, anyways, playing here and there, it’s all similar.” Ye Zhou leaned back in the chair and the sunlight pricked through his closed eyes. He just wanted to sit on the Ferris wheel today that he didn’t ride last time.

Shang Jin had little interest in these places. He’d proposed it because Ye Zhou and Tang Dongdong had come during the grand opening. If he didn’t come with Ye Zhou once, he’d always have an indescribable feeling of not being able to compare.

After eating half the box of strawberries, Ye Zhou was being lulled to sleep from basking in the sun. He yawned and pushed Shang Jin. “Let’s go to the haunted house and cool down.”

There weren’t many people in the haunted house at noon, with only seven people in this round, including Ye Zhou and Shang Jin. The majority of them were boys with only two girls.

One of the younger sisters hid behind her boyfriend. The boyfriend clasped the girl’s hand and said, “Don’t be afraid. I’m here.”

Ye Zhou looked at Shang Jin and somewhat regretted that Shang Jin wasn’t afraid.

Shang Jin misunderstood his ‘craving’ look and said, “They’re all fake. Don’t tell me you’re afraid of these?”

Ye Zhou immediately black-lined. He glared at Shang Jin and said, “I think you should really be alone for a lifetime.” This was also because Ye Zhou wasn’t afraid of these things. If it were a girl and her boyfriend had said such a thing in an exaggerated sarcastic tone before she entered the haunted house, she’d definitely leave him behind over summer vacation.

Shang Jin shrugged his shoulders and said, “Then I’m really sorry. The goods have been sold and can’t be returned.”

“Can’t you say a comforting word or two like I did before?”

“You’re not so weak. What would I comfort you on?” Entering the haunting house, they were surrounded by darkness. Shang Jin pulled Ye Zhou’s hand and said, “Let’s go.”