Chapter 3 - Jump Scares

Once I heard everyone start to get up I decided to get ready.

I changed my back bandages and took some painkillers. I covered my bruises and bags with make-up and got dressed.

I headed downstairs.

"Good morning Cassie," Julie said as I entered the kitchen.

"Good morning,"

Julie was putting her dish away.

"Ted and I have to run to the office to finish some paperwork. There are frozen waffles in the freezer, just heat them up in the microwave if you want. We should be back before dinner." Julie said.

"Okay," I said, opening the freezer.

Ted walked in, "Ready?"

"All set," she turned back to me, "If you need anything just ask one of the boys okay?"

"Okay bye," I replied.

I heated the waffles and searched for syrup.

I only ate one waffle so I put the rest back in the freezer.

Henry came into the kitchen as I was cleaning up.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked, going into the pantry.

"What movie?"

"I don't know they should be picking it right now." He came out with popcorn bags and put one in the microwave.

"Sure," Why not right?

He finished popping the popcorn and we went downstairs. All the boys were there. Elijah was stood in front of the TV blocking everyone's view. And Cole looked like he was trying to move him with the remote from the couch. River was on Cole's right on his phone and Adam was in the recliner.

"So what movie we watching?" Henry said knowing that they had made no progress. He passed out the popcorn and sat on the other couch. I sat to Cole's right.

"If Eli would move we could already be watching something," Cole said.

"I want to watch the Lego Movie!" Eli shouted.

"Well, we don't," Adam suddenly shouted. "You can watch it later on your own."

I flinched. Maybe coming down here was a bad idea.

"I WANT TO WATCH THE LEGO MOVIE."

Five minutes later we were watching the lego movie.

"He always gets his way," Adam mumbled. "We are watching something better next."

Half the movie went by when I started to feel my eyelid become heavy. No, I can't fall asleep here. I would be so vulnerable. I fought the urge to sleep for a good 10 minutes. Then my head fell to the arm of the couch and I slept.

I ran upstairs and locked the door to my tiny room.

I curled my naked body into a ball on my mat staring at the door.

Please don't let him come in. Please let him forget about me.

I couldn't take much more. He was going to beat me to death. I can't do it.
Tears rolled down my face.

Bang bang bang

"Open the door bitch!"

I shook my head, no please no.

He started kicking the door.

No.

The door swung open. He stood over me.