Chapter 27

"They're 'ere! They're 'ere!", shouts the horrible, raspy, gloating voice.

I peer out of my room to see what all the commotion was about. Footsteps were thundering downstairs, a man was laughing boisterously; the voice reminded me of--of... Scabior? Another voice overpowers him jeering, "Hey, don't touch us!"

I quickly descended the staircase, getting a tiny glimpse of a few Death Eaters holding back three awfully familiar kids, dragging them to a separate room. Two boys and one girl. No, no, it can't be--

As I follow them, I creep in the dark, like a shadow or a ghost, waiting and listening.

"We've caught Harry Potter, ma'am. I know 'e' is swollen, but it's 'im!", pipes Scabior. "If you look a bit closer, you'll see 'is' scar. And over there is the Mudblood, no doubt that it's not 'em."

Narcissa takes three steps towards the boy, scrutinizing the swollen face. "My son, Draco, is currently living with us. If that's Potter, he'll know," she hesitates. "And if he can't tell, then I have another person in mind, that could tell us." I gulp knowing that person is me, for I have been friends with them ever since the First Year. I just don't know how they'll react; they already hate me enough as it is.

"Follow me," Narcissa says, leading them through the halls, lined with portraits. Peeking through, I could see the drawing room shimmered in green, as the crystal chandelier reflected the dim light onto the two figures standing by the fireplace.

"What is this?", Lucius Malfoy, states, wanting a clear and logical response to who these people are.

"They say they've got Harry Potter", says Narissica in a cold voice, unlike her soft tone whenever she speaks to me. "Draco, come here."

He moves away from the fire, with a drink in his hand, swirling it around before finishing off the last drop and setting it down on the mantelpiece. He struts over, his back straightened, but I surely know that he's screaming internally, panicked and afraid.

Bellatrix, now, grips onto the boy's hair, yanking it back, allowing Draco to get a better view, because if this was truly Potter, then the Death Eaters have made my father more powerful than ever. He slowly, cautiously roams over to him, observing the face. It was huge, shiny, and pink as every feature is distorted; his eyes were swollen completely, like he had an allergic reaction.

"I'm sorry. I--I don't know."

"Come on, boy. Look closer. Isn't that a scar?!" Bellatrix pushes the hair away from the crooked face, showing off a mark that could be what she said it is. Draco bends down, face up close. "I can't be sure", he says to Bellatrix, then walks back to his mother, scared, confused.

"Alright. Get the girl!", she yells to Scabior as he scurries off to find me. I moved away from the door, walking down the corridors till I thought that I was far enough to turn back around and pretend that I was just passing through.

"Oi, Miss, um...you're needed in the drawing room."

I lift my chin up, head straight and stalk inside the room. Everyone eyes trails back to me, whispering, some glaring ready to defend themselves if they needed to, including the three kids who I can now make out as Hermione, Ron, and Harry. I didn't even need to examine his face for it seemed obvious to me. And from what I know, Draco knew as well, but didn't rat them out.

I lean towards Harry's face, confidently telling the room, "I don't think it's him." Hermione gawks at me like, 'how could you not tell?', and all I did was give her a slight wink.

"What about the Mudblood?", growls a man, waiting impatiently by Lucius. "Look, isn't that the Granger girl?"

Everyone shifts their attention to Draco, quiet to hear an answer. "I don't know...I guess."