Chapter 28

TW: Suicidal thoughts

"Look at what you have done!"

A woman blared from behind a large wooden door, which was slightly opened, as her voice flowed through the small gap.

It was another night at the Malfoy Manor and I was roaming through the corridors, attempting to distract myself from thinking about the war that's impending. A few days ago, my father came back from his 'business trip'; said something about destroying the wizarding world and whatnot, and I didn't think much at the time but, boy was I wrong.

Just a few weeks ago, the Golden Trio was here in this manor, trapped and afraid in the hands of my father's minions. Quite a night, I may say. By now, the tiny pieces of crystals from the shattered chandelier have been cleaned up, but Hermione's' dreadful screams still echoes in my ear, taunting me every time I pass through the drawing room.

At least, Harry was considerate enough to send me a secret owl once in a while, to tell me how things are going for them, what they have accomplished, and what their plans are. Yeah, he must be out of his mind for trusting me, that I'm so sure that both Hermione and Ron have yelled at him for sharing such knowledge with the 'enemy'. Nevertheless, he knows that I'm on their side, that I never meant to harm them because to be honest, after being best friends for seven years, they know me. They know me well enough that I would do anything to bring them pain or misery because I'm just like them; I'm just a kid.

His letters used to start off with an uneasy and skeptical tone, as if he was uncertain with what I would do with the information. Yet, as days passed he confided more, like we were back in Hogwarts, in the Great Hall. Oh, how I've missed that.

Apparently, after the incident in the drawing room, the knife that Bellatrix threw, managed to follow them into Shells Cottage, fatally wounding Dobby. They buried his body somewhere in the gardens honoring a great and loyal friend, a hero. I'll miss that little elf, for he was somebody that protected my friends and treated them better than me, in ways I could have not. He truly became a free elf.

As for their mission, they have already either obtained or destroyed four horcruxes: my father's diary, Marvolo Gaunt's Ring, Salazar Slytherin's Locket, and Helga Hufflepuff's Cup. Just three more to go and then it's all over. Just three.

I wandered through the hallways, coming from the library and walking towards my bedroom. I had to give myself a break from all the drama, from all of the mess and chaos that I was stuck to like glue. I blindly fell into the hole of lies and despair, that it was seemingly impossible to escape, waiting for someone to save me. But, who was? I can't rely on others who don't want me to get out.

Another voice in the room, deep and low, breaks me from my inner thoughts. "What do you mean what have I done?!" From what I could tell, it appears that Lucius and Narcissa are having a private conversation, arguing over something critical, as if it would determine their entire future.

"What you did was ruin the only chance we had of gaining the Dark Lord's respect especially after you messed up with the prophecy and got caught in the Battle of Ministry! She was our only chance and you ruined it! It was all your fault!", Narcissa shouts, obviously angry at whatever her awful husband has done.

"I did it for my sons' wellbeing! Who knew that she'd be a Pureblood!"

"You just pushed Draco away from the girl and now look at where he is! He's with that Muggle lover, Astoria. If you had just let them be, he'd still be with Angitia!"

"I didn't know that she was the Dark Lord's daughter!"

"Why did you do it?!"

"Because--because he told me he loved her! I--I had to!"