Chapter 31

"Harry Potter is dead!"

A group of Death Eaters following the Dark Lord, came out from the thick undergrowth at the forest edge, Hagrid hidden behind them carrying a stiff, cold body of a boy. Not just any ordinary boy. No, the boy who once lived. Ironic, huh?

"No....", I whispered. I didn't think that he'd do it. How could it be? After everything I've been through, just to fail. He sacrificed himself to save the world; the sixth horcrux has been destroyed and my father doesn't know about it. Just one more.

The war had ended; the castle had already collapsed and dead bodies littered the grounds of Hogwarts. I could hear Ginny screaming from the top of lungs, hysterically crying over the dead body. The crowd of survivors takes up the cause, screaming and shouting injustice at the Death Eaters, until--

"SILENCE!" cried the Dark Lord with the wand raised in the air; a wave of a bright flash spreading out evenly, shushing all of us. "Stupid girl. Harry Potter is dead. From this day forward, you put your faith in me. Anyone who continues to resist, will be slaughtered, as will the rest of their family." He whirls around with his arms stretched wide, cackling the words, "Harry Potter is dead," gleefully congratulating himself for his doings. "And now it's time to declare yourself; kneel before me and you shall be spared. Come forward and join us...or die."

It was quiet; no one flinched a bit or did what they were told. Not one person dared to go over to the dark side because they cared more about fighting for what they believed in, fighting for their loved ones... fighting for Harry.

"Draco", a voice mumbles from the horde of Death Eaters. My head snaps to his platinum blonde hair in the cluster, not so far from me; he's overwhelmed, his eyes are clouded over in defeat. I sneak my way to his side, hiding behind a tall boy, so my father wouldn't see me. My fingers crawled over his hand, intertwining them together for some reassurance. He squeezes mine, quietly begging me to get him out of this situation, begging me for a reason to stay.

"Draco." Lucius Malfoy presses, trying to not make his family look like a fool in front of the Dark Lord. I wasn't worried. He wouldn't listen to his father. No. Not this time.

"Draco," his mother beckons in her subdued voice, someone he simply could not say no to. "Draco, come." And with that, he lets go of my hand and slinks over to the mob of Death Eaters, step by step, ruining his chance of redemption with the people of this school. The Dark Lord blocks his path, awkwardly embracing him, adding fuel to the fire. "Well done, Draco. Well done."

I go over to Neville and ask if he could pull out the Gryffindor sword, and like a magic trick with a bunny coming out of the hat, he hands it to me, confused if I might add.

"Who else?", he scans the crowd, smiling like a fool to then sink into a scowl. "Where is Angitia?!", he demands Bellatrix, waiting for the one person who would definitely obey to his commands. "Where is my daughter?! Come out wherever you are. We have to praise Angitia, for without her, I wouldn't know where Harry Potter would be."

"No." I say, stepping out from the mass, gripping onto the sword. "Father, that's enough!" All eyes flick to me in awe because these people knew me. I was their student, classmate, friend and here I was, a double agent for the villain of our story.

He glares at me in an attempt to shut me up and in a restraint tone, he calls for my name again. He grunts at the pathetic sight of me, but there is no sign of amusement in his eyes. No, they're dark and clearly shows his suppressed rage.

"Look at what you've done to innocent people. For what? You're psychotic obsessiveness for power? Father, I don't think you understand that this is wrong, what you're doing is wrong. You're hurting the people I love, you're hurting me." A tear begins to fall down my cheeks as I attempt to convince him to change for the better. "Please, stop. I don't want this to get any worse."