Chapter 49: Melting Softly

Kyra's POV

Jayden and I walked hand in hand on the soft, powdery white sand, leaving footprints on the sand. I remembered something of this sort from our honeymoon. This was all I ever dreamt of. These were the activities I prayed I'd be able to enjoy with my husband one day.

My marriage took a turn I never expected it to take. Just a few months ago, he was my worst nightmare, but now he was all I needed in my life and he actually liked me. He even went to the extent of cheating on the same girlfriend he trashed me for, just to make me feel special and to give me an opportunity to experience the intimacy I needed.

I had no idea what our end would be like. If he did end up divorcing me, I'd leave New York for good and start over all on my own. Living without him was something I didn't want to imagine. I was already attached to him.

My family was special to me and I had stayed just to be with them. I thought I wouldn't be able to live without them, but when we got separated through my marriage, I realised that I could do it. I was going to do it.

"Jay, have you ever cheated on Kylie ever since you started a serious relationship?"

"Until you came along, no. I'm loyal."

"Do you ever feel guilty about our relationship?" I asked him out of interest because sometimes I did feel guilty about it.

"Yes. I do feel guilty for doing this to Kylie, but I don't regret it because you're worth it. I love everything we do together and I just want you to feel happy and loved."

"Kyle told me that our divorce is set for the thirty-first of December. That's a day before our birthday. We don't even get to celebrate at least one birthday together."

"We'll celebrate our birthday together, Kyra," Jayden told me sounding very sure of what he was saying. We remained quiet for some time, simply walking and admiring the turquoise beach and swaying palm trees. He never let go of my hand, respecting my pace.

"Jay, do you want to have children with your wife sometime in the future? Do you like children?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Yes. We'll have children whenever you're ready."

"I mean with your real wife, Jayden. The wife you'll have after you divorce me."

"The only person I think of whenever I hear the word wife is you, Kyra. We're still together and I don't want to hear about our divorce because it's still like six and a half months away. You are my real wife, Kyra. You're not fake."

"But we are arranged. That's pretty much fake," I replied. Jayden let go of my hand and we stopped walking. He turned to look at me. He looked a bit angry.

"My feelings for you are not fake. What I feel for you is not fake."

"Okay, okay. I get it. Don't get mad at me. I was just asking out of curiosity. But really, I'm going to miss you. It's not going to be the same without you in my life."

"Can we stop talking about this, please? Can we appreciate what we have now and worry about the future when the day arrives?"

"One last question? Please," I asked, enjoying the frustration on his face. He gave me a stern look.

"Go ahead."

"What if I get pregnant by mistake and Kylie insists on marrying you since you two are deeply in love? What will you do with me and my baby?"

"I'll obviously take care of you and our baby, Kyra. I won't divorce you. I'll never let go of the woman carrying my child."

I folded my arms and moved a step closer to him. I looked up at his face, his figure towering over mine. The refreshing wind blew his white shirt and it had no mercy on my floral kimono cardigan either. My hair was wind tossed and so was his.