6

"Why won't you meet my family?" Jace asked crossing his arms.

"I'm just not ready. You have to get it's always been me and Toby. So I'm not used to a group of people. Or family dinners. I'm used to sitting with my son and eating whatever we whipped up after work." Schlatt said defending himself.

"I'm done. If you wont make the effort then I'm done." Jace spat out raising his hands up.

"All of this because I'm not ready to meet your family? You won't give me the time to get prepared for that? Then fine we're done. Get your shit and leave." Schlatt walked off as he rounded the corner he spotted his son sitting against the wall.

"We're not do- Toby." Jace said noticing the small boy.

The boy was scooped into his fathers arms. "No cry dad." He reached and wiped his fathers tears.

"I'm okay bud. Its time to say bye to Jace." The man said looking at his sweet little boy. The toddler looked at his fathers ex.

"Bye Jace." He said before climbing out of his fathers grasp.

Jace got his things and left slamming the door. "This isn't the end."

-

"Let's go bud." The man said adjusting his tie. He always hated his office job but its how he supported his family.

Tubbo walked over messing with his school uniform. "Dad I want to see Tommy." The boy whined. He didn't like starting school in the fall. He'd rather be in the garden with his best friend.

"Tobias we aren't fighting about this again. Get your backpack."

The boy huffed and stormed out of the house putting on his green backpack.

"So this is the kind of day we're having?" The man asked locking up their home. He took hold of his sons house and looked up.

There she stood, the woman that left them behind. "Hi honey." She said wrapping her sweater around her.

"Dad who is that?" The toddler asked looking up to his father. The man's gaze never left the woman.

"No one bud. Let's go to school." He lifted the boy into his arms and walked to the school.

"I have rights to my son Schlatt! You can't keep him from me!" The woman screamed following him.

"You left us not the other way around." He called back going into the school yard.

:)-----------------------------------(:

Its my birthday so you get 2 chapters