055. Kiss And Tell

Part Two / Chapter Fifty-Five

Draco Malfoy had looked worse in the past week than he ever has before. Venus know she shouldn't, but she felt concerned for him. The more sickly he looked, the more sickly she felt being around him, like she felt his pain. She'd sneak glances and notice his skeleton like face before he turned to look in her direction. The extreme attention he was giving to his left arm was alarming, than the bell rung and she watched him race out of the greenhouse.

     Venus and Constance planned to meet up with the trio so they could head to their Apparition test while Harry and Venus made their way to potions. Still fresh from forgiveness, Constance and Venus wore their matching bracelets religiously, the gleam from the beads could be shone by the sun rays above them. On their way, they passed the Montgomery sisters, who were all blowing their noses into handkerchiefs and being consoled by others around them.

       "Sad about their little brother," said Constance, watching the sisters continue to sob into their hands.

       "It's awful," Venus croaked to the sky, trembling at the mere thought of losing Tonks or Constance.

       Constance finally turned away from the group surrounding the sisters. "People are saying it was Fenrir Greyback responsible."

       "That death eater werewolf?"

       "Mhm," Constance hummed.

       Venus gulped. "I hate this, now werewolves are murdering children?"

       "Well I don't find the situation particularly enjoyable either," Constance said passively, applying lipgloss, looking at a small hand mirror.

       How was she not affected so easily by this? How much resilience did she have? Was it only Venus who felt like she could be attacked at any minute?

       Far ahead in the center of the courtyard stood Harry, Ron and Hermione. All three of them looking very entranced in their own conversation. Just in time, the bell had rung overheard in the castle.

       "You two ready to apparate?" Constance said encouragingly. Hermione and Ron looked positively horrified.

       "You'll do fine," Harry told them both, as they headed toward the entrance hall to meet the rest of the people taking their Apparition Test. "Good luck."

       "And you too!" said Hermione with a significant look, as Harry and Venus headed off to the dungeons.

       "What was that look?" Venus asked, watching Hermione disappear into the castle.

       "What look?"

       Venus glared at him. "That look Hermione just gave you. That 'just do it already' look. You know... the Hermione look."