three

Rain. Water. Tears.

I sat by the window of my bedroom and leaned my throbbing head against the cold window. It had been raining all day today and as if the sky knew I could use a friend shedding some tears. They cried for me. Just like I had been crying for myself for the past countless hours.

Yesterday, I was given two choices by a man who was ought to be my future husband.

To obey him or go against his order and see where I would end up.

I, stupidly went with the second one.

After we stepped downstairs together, Liam kept me close by his side. It made me want to vomit and the fact that most of the girls from my high school could stop blabbing about how lucky I was, I felt the need to hit someone washing over me.

Primarily, my own fiancé.

The fact that our parents had been building up a rumor of me and him being each other's childhood sweetheart was far beyond my expectation. Liam, on the other hand, was not happy with that rumor either but he did not bother to say anything.

Being beside him that evening felt like I was standing next to a robot. He focused his attention mainly on fulfilling his duty as a good son who listened to whatever his parents told him to do or say and from time to time, he would glance down at me. For the purpose only being to send the signal for me to say something or answer the question that was asked by someone.

I was lost. Dumbfounded and I had to just get away.

And so I did.

After a few conversations with the adult guests and some of Liam's close friends, I had to escape. I could not stand another minute fooling everyone how lovely of a couple we were so I ran away.

The scene of me bolting out the door shocked everyone for the most part. But to my surprise, no one followed me. I, later learned that it was only because Liam had ordered them not to.

Freedom felt great up till today in the morning when I was informed about my moving and that it would be done on the night of my eighteenth birthday celebration.

Boxes of my stuff had been brought out by the people my fiancé sent to my home since this morning. Meanwhile, I, the owner of all those boxes could only sit back and watched my stuff being carried away against my will. My bedroom was now empty. With only the items that would be necessary for one night, I was left feeling wretched. Not a single soul at home bothered to ask me how I feel.

The only person whom I had a chance to talk to that day was my dearest brother, Aden.

"You shouldn't have run away last night." Aden let out a deep sigh loudly the minute he stepped inside of my room. He approached me and sat down on the empty spot beside me by the window.

"Is that all you have to say?" I sneered, not even bother to meet his eyes as I said, "If so then please show yourself out."

"London..."

"I swear to god Aden if you are here to tell me of what I had done wrong or could have done better, I have had enough of it." I snapped, struggling to threaten him even more with the tears forming in my eyes.

"I am sorry." He mumbled under his breath and I nodded.

At least, he said sorry. Unlike many other people who had done me wrong and did not even make the effort to come to speak to me. Papa and mama, for instance.

"But I got to admit it that it could have been worst." Aden sighed, "At least, it's him you are getting married to."

"Right. Because being forced to marry someone else would just be horrendous ." I mocked.