Chapter 25

/////

/////

She wasn't doing anything wrong.

To her peace, that's at least what she thought. Her anxious features turning stoical. She leaned against the headboard and stared at the shimmery cover of the gift her bestfriend had sent. She didn't know whether to open it or not, somehow this few centimeters squared box was weighing her down and her eyes watered. Her tears came down again.

She was nostalgic, memories from her friend's bridal shower started playing. She and Mohsin, terrace and horizon, evening breeze and quietness. It was all she remembered from that day, her eyes looking at Khadija who was receiving love from other girls in lawn as she held a plate in her hands, eating the piece of chocolate cake with love unless and until Mohsin had confessed.

And what had happened afterwards was vague. It didn't matter, what mattered was his sincere eyes. She shook her head. No way! Her fingers lingered over the brim of her gold ring. It was dense and beautiful. A soft smile came to her lips, it had come directly from her heart, that overwhelming feeling.

Standing up she patted her cotton shirt, removing creases from it. Placing her dupatta back on her head that had swept down, she walked to her closet. Rummaging through it, she finally found the other small present Mohsin had given her when he had apologised her for considering her something more than a friend.

What was even there to apologise for?

Feeling come naturally. You don't go feeling embarrassed for it. She walked back to her bed and sat on it, cross-legged. Undoing the wrapper, she squinted at the small box with a note,

Hey Amarha!

             I know right. You hate me for i have caused a havoc by sending you proposal. I was hell dumb to do that. How could I when you weren't willing. And trust me if your parents force you, do make a decision but look at your heart first. I know its not me in there. So I will ask my Mom to take back my words. I have seen my mother spending a forced life and I couldn't make you go through it even if it takes me to walk out of the picture. I gladly will.

-Your Mohsin

Folding the crumbled page back, she opened the box. It had a delicate wrist watch. She furrowed, her fingers fidgeting with it's strap. It looked somewhat familiar to her, and then it washed on her like a wave with all it's energy and might. It was the same watch she had once drooled over years ago but it couldn't be imported to Pakistan since the shipping was costing more than the watch.