Prologue

(A/N: Hi and welcome. Like to remind you that I have nothing against Malec, this was just an idea that popped into my head so please don't hate. Face claim is Peyton List, but feel free to imagine whoever you want.The song up top is Monsters by Ruelle, because what better way to start a Shadowhunters fanfiction than with the song that started Shadowhunters. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

"Really?" Alec said to his sister as she strode out of her room in a very short white two-piece ensemble, her hair out and a white wig in one hand.

"What can I say? Demons dig blondes. Just imagine if S was here," Izzy smirked as they walked.

"Of course they do, but that's white," Alec pointed out as he strapped on his fingerless gloves.

"Platinum. And they don't exactly like Shakespeare, ok Alec?"

"You're plenty distracting on your own, enough to make up for the fact that your partner in crime isn't."

Izzy smiled as she smoothed down the wig she held. "So, be yourself. Is that what you're trying to say?"

Alec only gave his sister a look. "Never mind. Looking good, let's go."

"We're ready Jace," Izzy announced as they walked into the ops centre where Jace was standing in front of one of the monitors.

"Nice choice, Izzy. Demons dig blondes," the blond said as he observed the wig she held.

"Told you," the raven-haired girl smirked at her brother.

"It's platinum," Alec corrected and Izzy's smirk grew.

"Alright guys, for some reason our demon friends are killing mundanes and draining their blood," Jace informed his siblings as they walked.

"Why do they want blood? Isn't that vampire territory?"

"I don't know, Alec. Lazy vampires maybe," Jace said.

"There must be something special about their blood," Izzy noted.

"What could be special about mundane blood?" Alec asked, almost bored as Jace opened the weapons cache and handed out seraph blades.

"You get me a sample and I'll tell you exactly what they're looking for," Izzy said as she accepted the blade from Jace.

"We'll have more answers when we figure out exactly who the demons are working for," Jace said as he took a blade for himself and they headed back to the monitor Jace was standing at before.

"So, you don't think they're acting on their own?" Izzy questioned.

"No."

"They're not exactly creative thinkers, they're shapeshifters," Alec added.

"This is what our target looks like," the blond explained as the picture appeared on the screen.

"For now," Izzy said as they memorized the face.

"Great. I'll get approval for the mission," Alec began.

"Come on, Alec. I get that you're all uptight and all because Rena isn't here, but by the time you've sent that message, we'll have killed six demons," Jace countered as they headed for the exit.

"Besides, it's more fun to break the rules than to follow them," Izzy piped up as they walked.

"And when Serena gets back in two days and finds out what we've done, it isn't going to be me she's going to kill," Alec pointed out and Jace grimaced.