Chapter 22: Fear of Falling Apart

As the trio get back home with zero issues Charles suddenly collapses as they walk through the front door.

"What happened?" Logan asks turning around and rushing over to Charles who begins to shake. "Why can't he walk?" 

"He needs his treatment," Hank answers as he helps Charles to his feet. 

"I can hear them," Charles replies as he clutches his head in agony.

"It's okay, I'll make it stop. I'll get it." Hank replies before running off to get his medicine.

"Hey, hey, pull yourself together. It's not over yet." Logan replies trying is best to calm the man down.

"You don't believe that," Charles responds having heard Logan's thoughts.

"...How do you know?" Logan asks.

"As these go," Charles replies pointing to his legs then is head. "This comes back. They all come back!" Charles winces. 

"Look, I'm...I'm still here. They're still out there. But we need your help, Charles. Not like this, I need you. We can't find Felicia, not without your powers." Logan pep talks.

Hank comes back hastley, siringe in hand containing Charles' medication.

"I added a little extra cause you missed a dose." Hank says as he gives the needle to Charles.

"Charles." Logan speaks hoping Charles will make the right decision.

Charles looks at Logan and just as he's about to inject himself he decides against it and puts the injection down.

"Hank, do me a favor. Would you help me to my study, please?" Charles sighs in defeat.

"Alright." Hank replies helping Charles to his feet and acting as a sort of crutch for Charles helping him walk over to a dusty old closet in his study.

"Are you sure about this?" Hank asks as he opens up the old door.

"Absolutely not." Charles answers.

After helping Charles into his wheelchair Hank and Long acompany him down to Cerebro.

"When was the last time you were down here?" Logan asks. 

"The last time we went looking for students." Hank answers.

"A lifetime ago." Charles adds as the trio stop in front of the door.

A light then shines out of the door and scans Charles's eyes.

"Welcome, Professor." The computer speaks as Charles takes a deep breath preparing to enter the one place he swore never to go again.

Once the door opens and they enter inside making their way towards Cerebro, Hank turns on the equipment.

"Felicia's wounded, she won't be moving fast." Hank says as Charles picks up the Cerebro and blows off the dust off of it.

"These are muscles I haven't stretched in a long time." Charles says before he puts Cerebro on his head and instantly sees and hears the call of other mutants which immeadly overwhelms him. "

As the frantic call of the mutants start to really overwhelm Charles he he loses focus and the dials on Cerebro begin to explode.

"Charles! Charles, it's alright." Hank says frantically as Charles removes the helmet. "I'll go check the generator."

Hank hastley leaves Cerebro in search of what caused Cerebro to malfunction.

"It's not the machinery, is it?" Logan speaks up.