40

Brady Hutton

I fell asleep with Liam resting his head on my shoulder and he hugged my arm as he slept but I was woken up by a nurse.

"Sir, your friend is up."She said.

"Yeah, okay."I said to her and shook Liam a bit so that he would wake up, "Hey, I'm going to go see Ryan. Is it okay if I leave you for a while?"I said to Liam.

"Okay."He yawned.

"Is anyone gonna come and pick you up?"I asked.

"I told my dad that I'm staying the night." He mentioned casually, "Is that okay or do you want me to leave?"

"No."I said way too quickly and cleared my throat, "I mean, if you want to stay, then I would actually love that."

"I'm staying."He said with a small smile.

I appreciated him for staying but at the same time hate the fact that I couldn't kiss him or hold him the way I did before we broke up. I thought that not having him around was the worst thing in the world but having him around but not being able to cherish him felt worse.

"I'm gonna grab something to eat in the cafeteria. You want anything?"He asked.

"I'm good."I assured him, "I'll see you later."

I walked away from him and went to find Ryan's room before finally finding it and went inside to see Ryan with a tube under his nose while he spammed on the tv remote.

"Nothing good on tv?"I said casually.

He starred at me for a solid three seconds before turning back to the tv, "What happened to the shows when we grew up?"He asked, "They barely show any reruns of Malcolm In The Middle or How I Met Your mother."

"And Lost," I added.

"Different genres but I see your point."He rolled his eyes.

I sat down on the seat next to the bed, "How are you doing, Ryan?"I asked softly.

"I feel like a rockstar."He said sarcastically but I just gave him a weird look, which made him sigh, "I feel like crap, man. I don't even know why I did that. I stopped using for years and I just got tempted."

"Was I the reason why you're using again?"I asked regretfully. I still felt responsible for what happened to him and I just felt sick in the stomach for it.

"I'm not gonna lie to you, Brady. You were the one that made me realized how much of a loser I am. I dropped out of school when I was 16 and until now, I don't have any money. I have to live with a bunch of strangers and eat whatever crap they brought home. And if that's not bad, the only way that they would not treat me like crap is if I show dominance at them by bullying innocent people like Clarke, Ben, and...Liam. I don't have any real friends, Brady and it's not easy."

"Shit, man, I didn't realize that you had it out that hard, "I said sympathetically.

"I don't even like drugs."He uttered out, "But if I don't do it then they consider me weak and would leave me out on the streets."

"Look, Ryan, "I sighed, "I know that this is a stupid idea but will you please come and stay with me at my place. Just until you can back on your feet."

"I don't know, man."He shrugged, "Doesn't sound like a good idea."

"Please let me do this."I practically begged.

He thought about it for a second, "I appreciate it, I really do but I'm sorry, Brady, we're just not there yet."

Liam Rawley

I wasn't really a big fan of Ryan Finely and I'd be lying if I said that I felt bad for what happened. I'm not saying that he deserves what happened to him but at the moment, I just wanted to be there for Brady, despite everything that happened between us.

"Oh, hey, there you are."Brady sat across from me at the table in the cafeteria.

"Hey, how is he?"I asked sympathetically.

"He's good, I guess."Brady shrugged and took a bite out of my cake with my spoon, "Is this chocolate?"He asked in a disgusted tone.

"And you?"I grabbed his hand, "How are you feeling?"

"Not so good."He said honestly, "I offered him to stay at my place until he recovers but he refused. So yeah, that made me felt like crap."

It hurt me how much in pain Brady was and it hurt, even more, when I realized that I couldn't comfort him the way I wanted to as we were not together.

We stood up not long later and walked for a while until he suddenly stopped at a corner, making me do the same.

"I know this is a bad time but damn I wish that I can kiss you."He said out of nowhere after starring into my eyes.

"Me too, "I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"I love you."He whispered.

Those words made my heart skip a beat and nothing mattered anymore since I felt the same way. I gazed into his eyes as he looked at me intensively.

"Please say something."He moves his head closer to mine and stopped in the middle, "Is this okay?"

"I don't know."I said honestly.

"Do you want me to stop?"He whispered.

I didn't reply and that was enough to give him enough confidence to move his lips closer to mine but I tiptoed my feet and beat him to it.

We were kissing passionately as people passed us by but neither of us cared as at that moment, the only important thing was me and him.

"I want you back, Liam."He asked after backing away.

"I want this too, Brady but I just don't know if this is right," I said.

"I love you, Liam and I know that you feel the same,"He said seriously, "Please."He begged and that single word was enough to make me consider it.

"If I say yes, would you let me drive the cop car?"I joked and that made him chuckled but his smile disappeared as he looked at me intensively.

"So that's a yes?"He asked seriously and pushed the side of my hair back.

"Yes."Was all i said and he immediately pressed his lips on mine.

"And remember that you are not obligated to say yes just because I'm going through something."He added.

"Yeah, yeah."I rolled my eyes and pressed my lips on his.

I could feel the smile that was growing on his face as we kissed and he grabbed me by the thighs to lift me up before placing me on a bed that was placed near the wall.

We made out there for a while.