Chapter 9B

Kai's POV

"OPPA, YOU'RE INSIDE?"

Bahiyyih, my little sister, entered my room without knocking! I immediately hide the picture I was holding.

"Can't you knock?"

She rolled her eyes before knocking on my door.

"Satisfied?" She asked boringly.

"Why are you here?" I asked irritated.

"Why are you sulking?"

I glared at her.

She rolled her eyes. "Do you know where my Nintendo switch is?"

"It's yours, why are you askinh me?"

She just glared at me. I shouldn't push her button. I don't want to see hulk transforming in front of me.

"Have you asked Noona yet?"

"Yeah. She said she saw you play that one night."

I groaned. Did I really play that the other day? I don't remember.

"Try to look at the living room it might be there."

"Alright."

She closed the door.

I run towards my door to lock it then hurriedly went back to my bed. I took the picture I was holding earlier.

I smiled. She still looks the same but only more mature.

"TAEHYUN, I COULDN'T understand the lesson earlier."

Taehyun stopped putting his belongings inside his bag. We just finished class. Some have left the classroom while the others are still arranging things.

Soobin left because he and Lia had a conversation about hanging out. Yeonjun came out immediately after our homeroom teacher said our class was dismissed. His dad picked him up. I don't know where Beomgyu went so I can only rely on Taehyun now.

"I can't. You know I need to go back home."

For grade 12 students like us, studying is a must. We need to study nonstop for our examinations and more importantly because of CSAT. CSAT plays an important role to determine what university we can enter in college and if we can actually enter college.

The exam is coming and I know that when it's the time of the year, Taehyun distant himself from us in order to concentrate. We're not attending "hagwon" but our parents hired famous tutors for us. But I prefer more if I study with my friends than listening to whatever my tutor is trying to explain.

"I'll go ahead."

He patted my shoulder at the same time.

My eyes followed Taehyun until he exited the classroom. I almost jumped when I glanced at Yuna who is looking at me.

I witnessed earlier how good she was at the lesson that I couldn't understand. She was almost the only one who could answer earlier.

Should I ask her to teach me?

I just shook my head at the idea that came in my mind. I put my belongings in my bag. I was putting on my bag on my shoulder and was about to go home when Yuna stopped me.

"Hi! Uhmmm... I've overheard that you're struggling with the lesson earlier. Want me to teach you?"

I was shocked. Is she really asking me that or I'm hallucinating?

"Don't you have to study? It's okay if you're busy. You don't have to teach me." I said.

I don't want her to say she's not busy when she's really not. She should help herself more instead of helping others.

"I don't have anything to do. I've already started reviewing last week so it's fine if I teach you."

I just follow her. I no longer protested. I don't want to insist that she is busy then making her annoyed with me and withdraw her offer to teach me.

"I know a cafe nearby that people don't go too much. I'm always there whenever I want to get a good review. Is it okay?" She asked when we got out of school.

I nodded. We are waiting for a taxi that we can take. I'm still not legal to drive so it's either I'll go with my friends or I'll commute.

When we got a taxi, we boarded immediately. She told the driver where we are going since she is the one who knows.

I just shut my mouth and kept quiet while we were both in the car. She also didn't say a word so I didn't bother to speak.

"I'll pay for the fare."

I handed the money to the driver before she could complain. I really should pay. I'm the one she's teaching so that's okay.

We went inside. We went to the counter to order."

"I'll order." I stated. "What do you want?"

She looked at the menu to choose what she wanted.

"Chocolate cake and uhm... just water."

She handed me her money and took it.

"Alright. Get us a seat."

Yuna nodded and obeyed my command. She went up to the second floor when she realized there were many people on the first floor.

I ordered what she wanted as well as what I wanted. I waited a few minutes before I got what we ordered. I carried the tray to the second floor. I saw her quickly because there were only a few people sitting there.

I removed our order from the tray and laid it on the table. I placed her chocolate cake and water in front of her while I placed the coffee I bought in front of me.

She started to teach me the part I didn't understand. I have been weak in math ever since. Yuna taught me for almost half an hour how to solve. Our teacher didn't explain how we'll solve them earlier that's why I didn't understand it. But now that she has taught me the steps on how to solve it, I understand it better.

I feel like Yuna is even better than our teacher.

"Kai."

I stopped solving and lowered the ballpen I was holding. I looked up when she called my name.

"I'll just go to the restroom. Can you look after my things?" She asked.

I nodded as an answer. Yuna quickly left for the restroom. I turned my attention back to the notebook in front of me now.

I suddenly remembered her money. I immediately fished it in my pocket. I stood up and leaned in front to put it inside her bag then also quickly sat down after I did that.

It's embarrassing to refuse her earlier so I accepted the money she gave me.

I dragged her here to help me understand our lesson so I think I'd better if I pay for her food as a thank you for helping me.

I saw her walking towards our table. I immediately pretended to answer the problem with my notebook.

"Are you done?"

I looked at her and smiled while nodding.