𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.

get ready for a jkr length chapter bitches

Three full days had now passed since Hollis woke up last for under a minute. Those few moments had given them hope, but the anxiety for any permanent damage done was still heavily present. Any incentives to leave the living room were even further vanished, especially since Hollis was no longer still in her sleeping.

When the Rosier had first arrived at the homey cottage, she had been unnervingly still and limp in her sleep. The Gryffindors almost preferred that to how she was now, though.

As far as they could tell, it was one reoccurring dream, nightmare more likely that would last around a half hour until her series of reactions would typically reset.

"Oh, Merlin, I think she's having the same dream again," James muttered, rolling over on his side to look at where Hollis was laying on the couch with one arm dangling off the edge.

As usual, she started off with a small smile on her face that quickly melted and turned to total dread that they could detect even in her sleep.

"I wonder what it's about," Sirius added on as Remus clicked on the lamp next to him, reaching up from the floor.

"Nothing good," Remus said with a frown while he watched the hand dangling off his couch tighten into a small ball. "Should we wake her up?"

"She needs rest," James pointed out. "We don't want to exhaust her further."

Hollis visibly winced her knees curling in slightly towards her chest.

"I don't think this counts as valuable rest," Sirius said. "At all."

Remus's eyes widened with alarm as a small trickle of blood trickled down Hollis's fingers. Reaching forward across the carpet, his hands froze a millimeter away from hers.

Then, as gently as he could, Remus pulled Hollis's nails away from her palms where they were cutting into her flesh.

It was a relief for all three of them, and Remus was about to click the lamp off again when Hollis's eyelids fluttered open.

"Hol!" he exclaimed, but her eyes shut quickly again.

"Is she awake?" Sirius said excitedly, scrambling up from his pile of blankets on the floor.

"Yes, she is awake," Hollis murmured, too tired to even keep her eyes open while speaking. "Someone hand me my wand and get a vial or something."

None of them questioned her as Remus ran and got a corked jar from the kitchen and Sirius handed her wand from the oak coffee table.

"Why-" James started, but Sirius promptly shushed him as Hollis placed the wand to her temple.

Remus watched with curious captivation as a thin thread with a color similar to a patronus came from her wand, as if she was pulling something out from her mind. The auburn haired boy quickly held the vial under Hollis's wand, and he let the strand of light fall into it.

"What is this?" James asked.

"Not the right question," Remus interrupted as he realized what was going on. "Where's the pensieve?"

Hollis was thankful for his preexisting knowledge; she was too tired to try and explain it to the rest of them.

"On the bottom floor, there's a room no one ever goes in with a piano that's going to be covered in a sheet," Hollis said, the words barely escaping her lips as she faded back into sleep. "It had the pensieve inside it. Ask Monty to secure the room for you, she'll gladly do it."

"Bottom floor, piano, house elf," Sirius said, ticking the things off with his fingers. "Got it."

All three boys stood up at once, knowing their window of time to act would be short.